When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sometimes A Rep Comes Along...

r11co

I try to steer clear of reps that sells gens in department stores..

But this one I must admit is a great looking piece... ^_^

Auto or Quartz ?

AFAIK, it's the Asian 7750 with 28.8k impulses per hour.

I purchased the Blue Senna edition a few weeks ago for a friend and like it so much that I want one for myself too.

I visited an AD and the clasp release (have to pull very hard) is just as stiff on the gen as on the rep.

There is a post with a detailed PDF document showing how to adjust the bracelet here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=4853&hl=

Absolutely what I was looking for. Many thanks!

@RT - it's 7750@28,800, so it behaves just like the real deal Calibre 16! Call me sad, but this is one rep I own that I can wear daily and people who know me will not call me out for as the price bracket is commensurate with my standard of living (unlike the PAM 090 I've been wearing of late...) I know three wearers of genuine TAGs and they will not pick this up as being anything other than a stablemate of their watches.

Disregarding the brand image though, if you are an appreciator of the forger's art (which, let's face it we all are here) then this is one piece you have to at least see and handle if not own. It really is that good. It ranks alongside the IWC Gst and the 'old' Seamaster 007.

Edited by r11co

@R11CO....you have to remove the 2x links at the bracelet end.....then the others can be split.....I haven't cracked one of these bracelets yet...so I'm not sure if they are screws or pins......best bet is to take it a watchsmith ....Argyle Arcade.....while you're having a wee swally in Sloans...and reminiscing about your luncheon date ( or would that be luncheon meat )......with big bad TTK.....the guy that sells crap reps....( I don't mind people telling me I'm arrogant....or opinionated....but crap reps....c'mon....)..... :lol:

@R11CO....you have to remove the 2x links at the bracelet end.....then the others can be split.....I haven't cracked one of these bracelets yet...so I'm not sure if they are screws or pins......best bet is to take it a watchsmith ....

S'ok - I've cracked it already. It's two push pins and then screws - exactly as per the genuine as described in the PDF from TimeZone. See - told you all that this is one exceptionally accurate rep!! At one point I dropped one on the carpet but I barely panicked as I thought to myself 'getting spares for this will be a doddle - bet the gens will fit...)

@got-it.....I carry them......unfortunately my supplier who is Chinese is on holiday at present....won't be any until she comes back.......in July.....!

I can't speak for the other dealers.....other than to say that the one they are advertising states the wrong case depth....and size.....whether that's because they have made a mistake or not...I don't know.....I only know that mine is right....in accordance with the gen......!

I can't speak for the other dealers.....other than to say that the one they are advertising states the wrong case depth....and size.....whether that's because they have made a mistake or not...I don't know.....I only know that mine is right....in accordance with the gen......!

Get the good ones while you can folks!!

River's not so good version :huh: