When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Couple pics of "finished" 1680- now w/ gen bracelet!

mezzanine

I received a 7836 that I open up to your careful eyes and wise evaluation. I'm not sure whether these couple of introductory pics will be sufficient, but I wanted to show a few pics of what is essentially going to be the final result of my 1680. I had to use a set of 501 endlinks because of the shape of differing widths of the openings and spaces amongst the various endlinks- I've found it's often more an empirical experimentation process than anything. :huh:

MBW 1680 with the following genuine parts:

-1978 white submariner dial

-7836 folded bracelet w/501 endlinks (for now- soon to be 9315)

-vintage insert

-vintage crown

-triplock tube

-T-127 crystal

-slow-beat ETA 2846

My favourite watch. I am loving the feel of the folded bracelet, in terms of the lightness and comfort of it. It seems to show the wear I would expect of a 'vintage' bracelet of this age. My first impression is that it's genuine, but we'll wait for a particular austrian fellow to get a closer look once I get some better shots of the bracelet posted.

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

Thanks guys, yeah, I was looking for my camera right now to see if I could do some more bracelet-specific shots to get a better sample to judge the authenticity. Then I was thinking "should I get at least a night with the 'possibility' it could be real first" but then I realize I'm too curious for my own good.