When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decisions, Decisions

Joann

In continuation to this thread... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=69411

I'm just going to go ahead and jump in here. :) I'm P4GTR's girlfriend. Hiiiii :) I am proudly the girlfriend he previously posted about a few months ago regarding how I cannot understand this watch obsession....I am now eating my words as I find myself asking more & more questions.

I really want a Panerai. It's always been my favorite out of all of Daniels watches. (Aside from his gen Tag, I'll always appreciate that more because it's real).

I liked the ladies Link, but I do NOT want to be called out. Like Victoria said, I think if I get a Rolex or a Tag I'm destined to get called out.

A 40mm Pam looks good to me, I really like Daniels 44mm though. Currently I wear no watch at all (shame on me). I think I'd get used to the 44mm.

I found this band on strapculture, I really like it. http://strapculture.com/files/283z2.JPG

Dave123...while I'd love another gen Chanel handbag, I just can't picture myself wearing a Chanel watch...I think Daniel would agree lol. The only picture I can find of my wrist/arm size will be posted...tell me if you guys think a 44mm would be too large.

Edited by Joann

Joann, just deleted this Panerai bit from the older thread. Here is my response (this might be moved to the Panerai section, so don't fear if you don't see it! Just ask Ztech. :p)

My DSN 113 on the OEM Tantalium strap.

dsn113oemtantaliummoppaeg7.jpg

dsn113wristieok2.jpg

...one more edit:

Josh doesn't have the 049, but Trusty does!

P049SW01.JPG

P049SW01_1.JPG

SPECS

P049SW01 - PAM049 Luminor Marina Automatic 40mm - Asia 7750 $268.00

MOVEMENT: Asia 7750B1 Automatic

CASE DIAMETER: 40mm

THICKNESS: 12mm

DIAL COLOR: White Dial

CASE MATERIAL: Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Black Leather Band

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire

BACK GLASS: Solid Engraved Case Back

BEZEL: Smooth Polished Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Double Deployant Clasp

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant (Yeah right)

A 40mm PANERAI fit for a smaller wrist

Sweeping seconds subdial at 9:00

GEN COMPARISON:

DSC_0654.jpg

--

At this point the real PAM experts should pipe up. Looks good to me though! :)

P.S.: Don't like that strap at all. But then, I neither like SC straps, nor distressed/vintaged ones, so I'm biased.

This OEM Jules Verne strap is much more my speed. That's my mum, BTW, modelling her rep Cartier La Do

Victoria, I really like your DSN 113 on the OEM Tantalium strap. Love it.

I wore Daniels 44mm to work today and it was way too heavy I think. ..though I know there's a good chance I'd get used to the size of the watch. It might just not work for me, it seems as though it was hitting a pressure point on my wrist the wrong way & I got verrry sick @ work & started vomiting. What do you think the chances are? Ever had that problem?

Victoria, I really like your DSN 113 on the OEM Tantalium strap. Love it.

With the polished deployant, it wipes the floor with every other combo.

oemtantaliumreversell9.jpg

I wore Daniels 44mm to work today and it was way too heavy I think.

His 177h, if memory serves?

WELL. The Titanium PAMs weigh like feathers compared to the SS casebacks. If you can't take the weight of a Ti PAM, then perhaps you should really think about another watch.

I confess the DSN Fiddy is like wearing an anchor on my wrist. 4-5 hours, tops. Incredibly, I can bearly feel the 232, which is also 47mm. That's a very special watch.

pam232pav91wristieri4.jpg

..though I know there's a good chance I'd get used to the size of the watch.

I think so too, actually. Does Daniel have a non-Titanium you can wear?

It might just not work for me, it seems as though it was hitting a pressure point on my wrist the wrong way & I got verrry sick @ work & started vomiting. What do you think the chances are? Ever had that problem?

Never, ever.

From the moment I strapped on that 111h from Andrew, back in July, I fell utterly in love. I didn't ALLOW myself to be sick, perhaps. :)

Let me be practical instead of flippant about this, though -- try to contact an acupuncturist and ask them what could be the pressure point making you feel this way?

:lol:

No,just going with what most women think of Pams....

Sorry, Mr. 123. You're not worming yourself out of this one. :p

Most women don't even KNOW Panerai exists, let alone have a concerted opinion about them.

I like your taste with them,Vicky....unique.... B)

And don't you forget it!