When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Datejust 116200

DemonSlayer

I recently purchased this Datejust. I have to say, for a cheap asian 21J, I am impressed about the accuracy this one seems to display. I'm not impressed by the light cheap feeling Jubilee bracelet that came with this one, so I have decided to purchase an Oyster band, hopefully it will look and feel much better than this.

I like the simple, classy looks on the Datejust, and I understand it may not be to everyones tastes. Whenp I first put it on it felt like a womans watch after wearing my 111h for some time, but in a few days I got used to it :)

I think that this watch certainly won't have any trouble passing off as a gen to a 'regular' person who doesnt know flaws inside and out in watches in general. Maybe they might suspect it on me, being a 22 year old guy who doesn't have much money :lol: but nevertheless I think the watch itself can certainly pass as real. As you compare it side by side with the gen, it isn't difficult to pick out flaws.

DATEJUST006-1.jpg

GENtest2.jpg

REPtest1.jpg

But this is the case with most reps. Very few reps have dials where the fonts, font size, and positioning of writings/markings are correct, even for the swiss eta reps. This is a cheap asian 21J watch, however I still think it will pass as gen to most people.

But this is the case with most reps. Very few reps have dials where the fonts, font size, and positioning of writings/markings are correct, even for the swiss eta reps. This is a cheap asian 21J watch, however I still think it will pass as gen to most people.

I understand that the "common folk" would have no idea. But any Rolex fan, even a moderate one, would take a look at that crown logo and spot the "roundness" of the opening and would scream fake. It is the absolute tell-tale sign. Needs to be a flatter oval and not round.

You guys have got to be kidding! Rolex has made so many variations of the Date/Datejust dials that it is difficult to make a definitive call. Overall the watch looks pretty darn good. BTW, the dial is probably the same for either the ETA or Asian movements.

If it looks good to you, it looks good to me. And it looks good to me. I like Datejusts, have a couple of reps myself.

As said, there is a huge variety from Rolex in this model over the years.

For myself, I much prefer the jubilee band or even a leather band for this watch.

Carl

Looks good to me and I consider myself a Rolex expert. There are so many variations of Rolex dials not to mention redials that are common too. Even the gen Jubilee bracelet is light feeling. The Oyster band would look nice and feel a bit heavier.

Good catch! Enjoy!!!