When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1940

steve92b

I thought that I had finally been able to give up replica watches-----but then you see one that grabs you where it hurts!

I stumbled across this Rolex 1940 flyback ( I don't know it's proper title ) on a couple of of dealers sites but it's been sold out. Kingwatch has still got it listed but there are no details as to price or availability. I'm waiting patiently for a reply to my e-mail.

Has anybody here bought one? I know it will have a lemania movement and it would be around 40mm diameter. Any information will be gratefully received.

Happy Easter

post-2790-1206274317_thumb.jpg

I thought that I had finally been able to give up replica watches-----but then you see one that grabs you where it hurts!

I stumbled across this Rolex 1940 flyback ( I don't know it's proper title ) on a couple of of dealers sites but it's been sold out. Kingwatch has still got it listed but there are no details as to price or availability. I'm waiting patiently for a reply to my e-mail.

Has anybody here bought one? I know it will have a lemania movement and it would be around 40mm diameter. Any information will be gratefully received.

Happy Easter

I would LOVE that at 40mm. Please update when you get any info.

In a similar vein, any sources out there for California dial '30s type bubblebacks?, that kind of thing? I remember a site from a few years back that purported to have them, but it disappeared...

That looks like it is supposed to be a 3484, which used a 17 jewel Valjoux 23, with absolutely no shock protection... The original is ~33mm across, and takes a 17mm strap, and is one of the rarest of all chronograph Rollies... You can always find a couple of chronographs of similar type and period on the bay at any given time, that usually go for less than $500... which would be infinitely better than any rep (and could potentially be "repainted" to get the proper look)...

There are similar models from every swiss maker of the period... and the best movements to search for would be Angelus, Landeron, Valjoux and Venus...

Of course Patek made a few similar chronographs as well...