When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Newly Acquired

Guest pamfried

Why is it that the rep makers get closer and closer in accuracy to the gen and then decide to remove something like the SWISS MADE (at 6)? It seems such an obvious givaway that it is a rep, unlike the older MBWs etc which had it.

I believe that the rep makers do not want to make a completely accurate rep. I think it is as simple as that.

• 1 month later...

I realize that I'm coming a bit late to this post but God Damn that is a beautiful watch. I've been trolling around for the past month or so; primarily looking at Omega's and IWC's but this post has turned me in a completely different direction! All I can say is that those straps absolutely make the watch. I don't have a clue how to source the straps but you can bet that the rest of my weekend will be devoted to finding out how!

@Pamfried, Thanks for expanding this noob's horizons!

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that the rep makers do not want to make a completely accurate rep. I think it is as simple as that.

Seems a bit odd considering they are in the business to make the best copies and all these forums are about finding the most accurate (to the smallest detail) reps and these guys are going one step back on such an obvious flaw. I think that there must have been a slip up, or they are going to bring out the more accurate version soon at more money.