When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What case sets fit Davidsen dials?

old skool

I am looking to build my own homage watch. I was hoping to pick up a case set, asian movement, etc. and match it with a Davidsen dial.

Are there any fitment issues I should be aware of?

I've got a jimmy fu case and was asking the same thing myself yesterday. The Davidsen dials are larger than jf cases and from what I can gather, larger than dealers cases too.

With the jf cases, I spoke to a guy that has fitted one and he said that will require a light sanding around the edges to make it fit. I'm not sure if dealers cases are larger than jf or not.

For some of his dials, I think it's worth trying to adapt it to fit. Maybe speak to dsn himself or some modders?

From my experience

DSN 111 and 112 Sandwich Dials - fit DSN case set and case set from seller Helenarou on ebay

DSN 040 Dial - fits JF case and Standard Rep Case - SS or Ti

DSN 036 Dial - Fits standard rep Ti case set as well as DSN

DSN 113/010 - fits JF case and Standard Rep Case - SS or Ti

201A/202A - Fit DSN case or Helenarou only.

DSN PAM 005 - Fits DSN or Helenarou cases only

Std recess in most rep cases accepts a 34.0mm dial ...DSN's are more like 35.0mm.

I have succesfully managed to "trim" a 112 dial to fit a std rep case ...but also managed to ruin some other dials attempting the same thing...

FGD

Clearly I have not tried all the dials and all the case variations available

all davidsen dials for 44mm pams have to be narrowed in diameter for the standard rep cases. ( 0,3 - 0,4mm )

rolli

Not 100% correct Rolli - I have fitted 082 into std Ti case , 113 into std SS case and currently this is my best looking 001 with DSN PAM 40 dial in JF case set (On the Left of shot)

All of these fit perfectly without changing the diameter...

The 112 had to be trimmed though...

P1010319.jpg

P1010329.jpg

Best regards

:fish:

Not 100% correct Rolli - I have fitted 082 into std Ti case , 113 into std SS case and currently this is my best looking 001 with DSN PAM 40 dial in JF case set (On the Left of shot)

All of these fit perfectly without changing the diameter...

The 112 had to be trimmed though...

P1010319.jpg

P1010329.jpg

Best regards

Hi S,

Really lovely collection. Are you using Palp crowns an all of these?

BTW, the latest 201 dials seem to be the correct 34mm size....at least they are the same size as regular rep dials and JF's base dials, unlike a DSN T SWISS T 001 which I also have.

From my experience

DSN 111 and 112 Sandwich Dials - fit DSN case set and case set from seller Helenarou on ebay

DSN 040 Dial - fits JF case and Standard Rep Case - SS or Ti

DSN 036 Dial - Fits standard rep Ti case set as well as DSN

DSN 113/010 - fits JF case and Standard Rep Case - SS or Ti

201A/202A - Fit DSN case or Helenarou only.

DSN PAM 005 - Fits DSN or Helenarou cases only

Std recess in most rep cases accepts a 34.0mm dial ...DSN's are more like 35.0mm.

I have succesfully managed to "trim" a 112 dial to fit a std rep case ...but also managed to ruin some other dials attempting the same thing...

FGD

Clearly I have not tried all the dials and all the case variations available

Well that's just brilliant news. I've ordered a 10d dial for a jf case and was hoping that modding it wouldn't be too hard. Aparrently not though!! :p

Hi S,

Really lovely collection. Are you using Palp crowns an all of these?

BTW, the latest 201 dials seem to be the correct 34mm size....at least they are the same size as regular rep dials and JF's base dials, unlike a DSN T SWISS T 001 which I also have.

Thanks P...

Yes all PALP crowns- I try to file a chamfer on the inside edge to create a 2.0mm effect rather than the 2.1mm

Some have worked better than others....

I could have sworn I tried a 202A dial in a JF case without joy ....but good news none-the less if DSN is making a step in the right direction ...size wise anyway...

Cheers

My experience is mixed as well.

All of the DSN dials I bought so far were 35mm (so 1mm wider than standard and gen dials).

Most needed to have edge filled down for some 0.4-0.5mm to fit standard rep 44mm case, however - there are some older type standard rep cases that would accept DSN dial without modification just fine. I have managed to do this on two of my reps, 10D (DSN white Base PAM10 dial) and 004B (DSN 001A-B/004A-B also known as DSN PAM040 dial).

I also tried to fit DSN dial for a test into so called Angus/Ruby case (like the one that comes with Angus ultimate 111E or Ruby's 036 MM) and it was a clear and easy drop-in install, no dial modding required, whatsoever.

So in my experience, Angus/Ruby's case as well as some older (more of a 1:1 type kind, closer to gen) rep cases.

cheers,

babola