When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD Daytona! What a beauty

stilty

How about this one ???? Found it on a website that specialized in black teflon coating. A guy by the name of Bob Thayer Jr. does the service if any one is interested http://www.bobthayerjr.com/index.htm

post-9972-1206410552_thumb.jpg

All yours for $19500.00. I just wonder if Rolex would service it?

PVDrolexdaytona.jpg

Click HERE for the story!

I'm pretty sure that Bamford & Sons and other "boutique" custom shoppes have a contract with Rolex that they would cover the watches in case of service. How else do you justify the $10K+premium for PVD treatment?

I'm pretty sure that Bamford & Sons and other "boutique" custom shoppes have a contract with Rolex that they would cover the watches in case of service. How else do you justify the $10K+premium for PVD treatment?

I'm sure they have an "in-house" warranty. But this is a modified watch, and Rolex is quite strict with their policies.

How about this one ???? Found it on a website that specialized in black teflon coating. A guy by the name of Bob Thayer Jr. does the service if any one is interested http://www.bobthayerjr.com/index.htm

Thanks for that link. $195 for the service. Seems like a reasonable price. I was thinking of getting a case done.

No Problem seems to do beautiful work and he does Lume as well (though with noctilumina not Tritec Superluminova) If you have him do some work for you please keep us posted?? :p

Guest carlsbadrolex

I think I just threw up a little... There are several companies out there doing this. And quite frankly, I think they all look like [censored]! But thats just my opinion............

Guest avitt

I noticed that Pro-Hunter, another company that applied PVD to Rolex watches, has to maintain their own service dept., and offer their own warranty. (But they actually bastardize the dials, so there's no chance that Rolex would touch them).

• 1 month later...