When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thinking of taking the plunge

Thor

Saw the first one at Kings site... looks pretty good to me, but I am admittedly a rank amature. The side dials are a bit off maybe smaller than they should be they don't quite cover the "10" and "4" digits the way the genuine 5070's but other than that, it looks pretty good to me.

The secone one is really sharp from joshua but I cannot find the gen equiv. anyplace. Still, I like the watch.

173-8438.jpg

173-8439.jpg

your thoughts?

I have King's 5070 (although I bought it and the RG version from Eddie) and the fit and finish is as good as any rep I have ever seen, the movement is gorgeous, and it works great. Aside from the fact that the subdials appear too far apart (actually they aren't--the problem is that the rep is 39mm and the OEM is 42) which would be an easy spot for anyone who knows the model, it's a very accurate rep. But remember, 99% of the poeple who see it won't doubt it's real--provided you can pull off owning a patek.

Unless he has both stainless steel and white gold versions, I believe jos's watch is 18k white gold which will cost you a bundle. It is also a

Personally, I have reservations about ordering from King, especially during CNY, but others swear by her.

BTW, Does "eddhead" indicate you're a fan of a certain radio personality?

lol... thanks for the response.... Actually, I was eddhead before 'eddhead' was in vogue... a real trailblazer!

anyway great feedback!

I have a second question if you do not mind... just spotted this on ebay... supposed to be gen. what do you think?

first of all, you have to be really really really sure to buy a watch on ebay. i'd say to check the history and feedback to see if this is an active seller and not a hijacked acct. also make sure that this person has a track record of selling gens. even if the pic looks great, you never know.

especially after the whole drizznay scamming situation, i'd be very wary of picking up a gen from ebay even if everything checked out like it should.

I have a second question if you do not mind... just spotted this on ebay... supposed to be gen. what do you think?

If you think it looks like this you might want to check it out...

http://www.silixwatch.com/pic/images/pap004-1.jpg