When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new Speedmaster Date Omega Logo

piratedzeus

OK. on all reps it has the clown feets - but on which gen are these correct? on any of the dial choices???

No idea why they messed THAT up again -.-

unfortunately the clown feet logo is incorrect for all the new speedmaster dates. Sad that they missed this one detail.

Hi,

No.. There will not be any further upgrades.

Thanks

Joshua

------Original Message------

To: The Owner

Sent: Apr 1, 2008 2:43 PM

Subject: Enquiry from Perfect Clones

the new omega speedmaster Date - the logo feets are incorrect for all models. will this be fixed?

Thanks for asking. That's sad, cuz otherwise they look quite good. I wonder if it's possible to buy a silix PO dial with correct logo and do a transplant? Of course that would be too easy....it's probably the wrong size.

• 3 weeks later...

Come on guys! You oughta know that every rep has a build in flaw. If I had to choose I would choose the clown feet over a misspelling any day! So the OSD rep is accurate as hell up to the clown feet (which is a simple fix if you want to). If every rep which came out was this accurate ... man..... I would be one happy camper!

Edited by Rolexman

this is the only annoying flaw "clown feet" on this SpeedMaster Date.

otherwise it's so amazingly close to the gen [at least in daylight :)]

too bad the factories don't like "improvements" once the reps are out in the market place.

Actually the logo is not the only flaw.

Besides that and the date wheel, an even more obvious one is the missing dot on the tach ring between 500 and 400. Gens have it, reps don't. Overall I doubt few ppl who aren't in this community would notice it, but if you know to look for it, it's very easy to tell even from across a conference table. Don't know if this affects other models, but I noticed these things with just a cursory photo comparison.

speedmastertachflawcompok9.jpg

it's very easy to tell even from across a conference table.

Well noticed flaw but you can't even spot the clowns feet from more than 2 feet. Let alone stand a dot on the tachymetre scale. And I find the date font pretty accurate. You have to do a side by side to notice the difference.

Besides that... Mine does have a dot between 500 and 400! The flaw only applies to the models with a black bezel :D

2003588647390886795_rs.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

Well noticed flaw but you can't even spot the clowns feet from more than 2 feet. Let alone stand a dot on the tachymetre scale. And I find the date font pretty accurate. You have to do a side by side to notice the difference.

Besides that... Mine does have a dot between 500 and 400! The flaw only applies to the models with a black bezel :D

These use the typical rep 7750 datewheel with occasionally sketchy alignment and serifs on all 1s. The gen has serifs only on 1 and 11. I think the missing tach dot is easier to spot than the clown feet (of course you have to know to look for it), but I see your point. And I am very glad to know that the "dot flaw" doesn't affect every model. With a standard dw swap and maybe a correct logo from a Silix PO (can't wait 'til someone finds out if it's the right size), it would be awesome. But I'm nitpicking. These are already great reps and I may add one to my own collection. :D

Edited by -EZ-

Guest carlsbadrolex

Missing dot my back side... Nothing a needle, a loupe, a steady hand and an insane amount of luck cant fix!

I just received my date from Panaraifreak today and I have spent the last hour trying to find the flaws. I would have NEVER found the missing dot. The date font to me is pretty much spot on, and the case back accuracy is about the best Ive ever seen on an Omega. When you consider the highly accurate bracelet with correct pins and sleeves, Im extremely impressed. Now with a Silix dial (for correct emblem) and posibly a gen bezel insert...

Its off to get serviced and sealed tomorrow.