When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian pam050

jerkulot

im about to purchase an asian pam 050- and i have searched everywhere for a review on this product- but didnt see any, any ideas on the quality of these? its asian 21j (2813) powered, will be posting pictures when it arrives- hope it compares well with the asian 7750 version and gen as well

Im no Pam 50 expert but those numbers look really fat, should be a lot thinner i think. please wait for other members to chime in

Also the crown looks too thick in your link, it should be more thinner, the PAM 50, if my memory serves me correct, should have a thin Crown.

okay, I dont wanna be a smartass here, but since I do have an 048 - I can only say: dont get this piece. dial seems to be whrong, also datefont looks smaller than the one I have.

I would recomend to get the OLD version from any dealer. trusty has a nice 048 new version dial saying AUTOMATIC - this one looks better.

Placement of the small second subdial is incorrect -- it should be a little more towards the center of the dial.

Placement of the date window is incorrect -- it should be a little more towards the border of the dial.

As a consequence of it, the marker @ 3hr is too long.

All markers and numbers are too bold.

Date font is too thin.

Date magnification is too weak.

Hands look black instead of SS.

Crown is too thick.

But the overal look is not so bad, though.

In my opinion, you might consider buying it as long as you are not concerned with accuracy, and price is around 100 USD.

Be advised that the high end 050 rep (7750 movement & about $300 price) is one of the best out-of-the-box reps you can get. This is a completely different beast.

thanks for your great inputs guys!! yeah it is around 100 usd, now time to decide if i should get the 7750 models or just this cheap one.. since none of the guys here wear panerais... :p

At that price, and at no risk to get called out, you might consider it.

It is a nice looking watch in the end, the bracelet makes for a good part of the price, and you can get a taste of the look and feel of a 40mm PAM before moving to something better.

Because, you know, this is not going to be your only PAM, don't you?... :sly:

Regardless of accuracy, if you like it, go for it. outside of watch enthusiast circles, hardly anyone knows what a Panerai is, let alone what a specific model should actually look like :lol: You'll most likely get asked "What is that?" rather than "Is that real?" (which happens frequently with Rolexes :lol: ) Best of luck with your purchase :)