When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bulova 6497 running very slow - why?

Tom

It obviously needs a good service but I'm curious to know what the issue is to decide whether or not to attempt the work myself (or should that be dismantle everything, frustrate myself, throw things and shout a lot, give up and then give it to a professsional to put back together)

The watch is running 2-3 minutes slow over 12 hours and 4-5 minutes slow over 24 hours, but doesn't lose anymore time than that until it winds down.

What's usually the problem area in this case?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Tom

Well,

I finally got some help from people over at RWG and Repgeek about this. Despite being a whole 15 minutes slow over 24 hours, It was a just a simple matter of adjusting the regulator.

I'm disappointed that nobody responded to what, for those in the know is a pretty simple question. I usually come to RWG first but recently many questions which I know are easy to answer (It't just that I can't) have been ignored, but answered within an hour on the other forums. I hope this is not a growing trend, as this is where I feel at home. :mellow: