When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how to remove crystal on BCE

fotoman

do you have to "pop" the bezel off gently with a piece of metal

and or to take it off do you have to remove the screws from the outside of the bezel -- i.e. are they just decoration on the rep.

thanks My watchmaker had a bit of a time getting a steelfish crystal off, i don't want him to screw up this bce :)

Guest porsche356a

Removing the bezel is not necessary to pop off the xtal. You can simply remove the rider tabs (12/15/30/45) to allow the xtal to be removed. But, if you did want to remove the bezel, the screws are functional, and must be removed to loosen the retainer spring against the bezel assy. Hope this helps. :)

Removing the bezel is not necessary to pop off the xtal. You can simply remove the rider tabs (12/15/30/45) to allow the xtal to be removed. But, if you did want to remove the bezel, the screws are functional, and must be removed to loosen the retainer spring against the bezel assy. Hope this helps. :)

very much, thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest carlsbadrolex
The bezel on the SOSF is press fitted. The scews are just for looks.

Are you sure about this??? I have popped off MANY bezels, and I cannot get the bezel on my sfso to come off. I also have attempted to unscrew what should be the retainer screws... no dice there either.

I popped two bezels of the SOSF. The first one came pretty quick of with some help of a knife. YES without damage the bezel or case.

The second one was very hard to take of. I damage the bezel and case.

I noticed that the first SOSF had a bezel that wasn't really tight to the case and had a smaller spring that the second SOSF.

My opinion: If the bezel is tight to the SOSF case DON'T take it off.