When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Roger Dubuis Easy Diver Experiences?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I was thinking baout getting something new and something different and Easy Diver fits the need quite nice.

But I wonder what you guys who already own these reps think?

How is the overall quality and finish of the watch? How is the strap? If I get it I'd love to get OEM rubber for it but it may be difficult to find one so it would be good if the rep strap would be wearable since there are no other options available actually...

Also how are these carbon inserts in real life?

I think with nice double AR it would make a nice watch....

Some pics would be highly appreciated.

Here is a small rep-gen comparison - it seems quite close - subdials look like they should be located a bit closer to each other, maybe bezel number font is a bit off but with number of people aware of what Dubuis is it doesn't really matter in my opinion.

Gen:

IMG_0364.jpg

Rep:

1.jpg

Thanks!

As allways we share the same taste....last year I was sooo tempted to get the ED but I waited and waited. I then found someone who had the rep and was able to lay my hands on it.

Well.....the overall watch is very nice, the size is great, the movement is cool and reliable, the design is unique.

But what botherd me was....no AR coating o that crystal makes the watch look cheap (OK this can be modded) and the missing strap options....The construction really allows only THAT attached strap and nothing else, the strap was stiff and shiny and looked like plastic, I asked the guy why not buy a gen strap? He smiled at me and told me "no chance to get a spare if you dont have the case, reference and limitation number of your piece" and if you manage to order a gen strap....it is around 800USD!!!!!!

In these times we are living now with reps becomming extremely accurate, most of them come with factory AR and a nice finish....I would not go for that Dubuis ED...find a new love!

I for myself purchased the new ORIS Carlos Coste LE from Angel&Jay ... that watch is different.

Or how about the new MBK APROO with diamond-set case that Chris from EUROTIMEZ sells?????? :p

Man, you will find something new to admire....but not that ED please, cheers mate,

Theo

Guest Sql_pl

OK Theo... so this one is off the list now.

Thanks for giving me advice. Yes it is funny we share the same taste :)

The thing is I feel the urge to get something but don't know what... maybe I will just wait for something new to show up....

I, on the other hand, love the watch. Really beautiful finish and undetectable on the wrist. And the movement is stunning. No one will call you out since very few dealers have even seen the watch in person. If you like the look you'll love the watch. Here's mine:

wristrogerdupuisqt7.jpg

Hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity, is the strap not removable?

If it, couldn't one of the custom strap makers on this board and elsewere fabricate one to fit?

I see what appears to be phillips style screw ends on the lugs, are they decorative?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a RD but sold it several months ago. The watch is really nice but the crown and pushers are alot smaller than the gen. The more you look at the watch it becomes clear that they look out of proportion. The sub dial spacing is off too. I would agree that the strap is plasticy, it needs to be upgraded. The depolyment is really nice though. Somone here on the forum sourced a site where you can buy the rubber strap, I don't have the site but you can use the search and find it again. If you do get it, double AR from chief is a must! This watch is screaming for AR. Overall I think its a great rep for the price. I may repurchase in the future and mod it out. Here are some pics. :D

GEN (look @ the crown and pushers)

roderd1.jpg

My rep (the width of the case seems to be a bit larger)

rogerd2.jpg

The case back it beautiful. A great conversational piece.

rd1.jpg

I had a RD but sold it several months ago. The watch is really nice but the crown and pushers are alot smaller than the gen. The more you look at the watch it becomes clear that they look out of proportion. The sub dial spacing is off too. I would agree that the strap is plasticy, it needs to be upgraded. The depolyment is really nice though. Somone here on the forum sourced a site where you can buy the rubber strap, I don't have the site but you can use the search and find it again. If you do get it, double AR from chief is a must! This watch is screaming for AR. Overall I think its a great rep for the price. I may repurchase in the future and mod it out. Here are some pics. :D

GEN (look @ the crown and pushers)

roderd1.jpg

My rep (the width of the case seems to be a bit larger)

rogerd2.jpg

The case back it beautiful. A great conversational piece.

rd1.jpg

Did I get this watch from you ? Pardon my poor memory!

Anyway, it's a great watch ! Big solid piece... does the genuine have AR? It is worth consideration.. as well as relume etc, but a better strap would really make it.

Gotta go back to work now !