When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next rep ..? with pics

piratedzeus

1) IWC 3717 with k222 AR, ETA day/datewheels...390$....510$ with TWB gator strap

45766545zn3.jpg

2) Omega Speedmaster...black dial.... 280$ on bracelet

19tu2.jpg

3) Omega Speedmaster Pandal Dial... 280$ on bracelet

11fl2.jpg

4) Breitling Chronomat Evolution V2 ultimate 280$ on rep strap..

50nq2.jpg

I would like these watches as passable as genuine... I am not going anymore with reps that could be proven as rep by someone who knows the brand. So what do you think :) Watch should be ok for all occasions but no need to be waterproof.

I am not too much into HUGE watches... I sold my Ultimate Planet Ocean on bracelet for that reason. Comfort while wearing is ahuge point to me.

If you're looking for passable,

I wouldn't pick the BCE --- because the bezel lines are stamped. If you're going to change it, then great, but if you leave it as it---it's like having a sour taste in your mouth.

Speedmaster would be my choice---if only it weren't for that bad datefont and "clowns feet" on the omega logo.

Lastly, the IWC sounds like the better choice because of the mods that are going to be done to it.

If you can get an IWC with straight markers then that's the way to go. Amazing looking watch and will dress up or down depending on the strap you used with it. Double AR on the crystal makes a huge difference.

The BCE is very cool also, but it's more bulky and less comfortable than the UPO, so that probably rules it out for you.

If you can get an IWC with straight markers then that's the way to go. Double AR on the crystal makes a huge difference.

ye.

ive seen a fair few of these..

alot have "marks" where the glass meets the case.

and dust under the glass.

AR is nice.. no way near Gen. quality though.

same on the EVO.

I would like these watches as passable as genuine...
Edited by Homer

Well I've been lurking in the depths for a month now and have almost read every page on the omega forums so I thought I'd venture in with my 2cents worth.

Here is a great watch that many people here have inspired me to covet (esp. By-Tor)

It's available to my reckoning only with Angus.

OMG-SMP-GMT-04.JPG

OMG-SMP-GMT-02.JPG

This particular model, to my nooby eyes, has:

1. Correct hand lengths

2. correct date wheel with white border

3. nicely engraved clasp with seamaster not seanaster

4. correct design on bezel insert

5. ETA (so hopefully better quality than the cheaper 21j - is this even true or do they take the same case and just swap out the movements??)

Now the only problem is Angus takes so long to reply. Mailed him 4 days ago and nothing! Makes me a little nervous about dealing with him for my cherry busting rep :p

Wrote to Andrew and as usual got a reply in minutes - too bad he doesn't carry this version of the GMT.

Should I go with Angus for this? Is he usually so tardy with queries (yes, this has been spoken of before - so it must be true) and if he is so tardy and unreachable is it a safe bet to go with him? I remember reading that you first pick a dealer and then a rep -_-

And lastly, is this a good rep?

Cheers

post-11438-1207381280_thumb.jpg

post-11438-1207381324_thumb.jpg