When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has the best Sub?

jfreeman420

It has been a while since I have seen a newbie post this question. I do notice however that there are requests for the best Breitling, Hublot, Panerai, etc. Has Rolex lost it's mojo?

When I first got into watch collecting Rolex was the holy grail. It is good to see many other brands gaining popularity and being repped accurately, but there really hasn't been a major revelation in Rolex reps for a long time. Has China forgotten about Rolex? Is the market for Rolex reps shrinking? I know there is a limited range of models, but the replica factories have yet to perfect even one Rolex design.

I had never heard of many of the brands I collect today before I entered the replica world. I knew of Breitling, Patek, Omega and Rolex of course but I had never heard of Panerai. I never see any TV commercials for high end watches yet newbs are constantly requesting these seemingly obscure brand names. Not many people I talk to know a Hublot from a Harley. I guess the age of Rolex is over. I especially thing they are doing themselves in with the new designs. Even rappers are mentioning Audemars instead of Rolex these days.

My dad who has done VERY well for himself and his cronies never wear Rolex. They consider people who run out and buy gen Rolexes as "new money". These guys wear AP, Hublot, VC, Panerai and one of them even has a PP. I gave dad a very nice Movado last year for xmas and it hasn't seen any wrist time. At all.