When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alsa Corp Killer Chrome

TeeJay

I've seen it advertized, and I'm planning on getting some for a few projects I'm working on, but, I just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of it, and if it's as good as it appears?

Thanks in advance :)

i am using alsa paints in a guitar project im working on .. alsa corp is the top name in custom car paints .. there very expensive but top of the line stuff man ..

killer chrome is awsome , just have to be applied in very thin coats or else you will damage the effect ..

good luck man .

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

i am using alsa paints in a guitar project im working on .. alsa corp is the top name in custom car paints .. there very expensive but top of the line stuff man ..

killer chrome is awsome , just have to be applied in very thin coats or else you will damage the effect ..

good luck man .

Thanks, I thought they were pretty good, from what I'd seen, I just wanted to try and get opinions from folks who'd used them before to back that up. For the record, the project I'm working on, is a resin casting of Samuel L. Jackson's lightsaber, which has been sitting on my shelf for almost a year :lol:

good luck dude sounds intresting ;) ..

Thanks, amigo :) Here's a few photos of the project thus far:

As arrived:

sideview.jpg

Filling and re-shaping:

FEmitter.jpg

FPommel.jpg

Primed and wet-sanded:

PEmitter.jpg

PPommel.jpg

Undercoated and wet-sanded:

UEmitter.jpg

UPommel.jpg

My plan, is to use KillerChrome for the body, Alsa Corp's gold for the accents, and then a rubber paint for the grip sections. It's been sitting around for too long thanks to my watch buying, so time to get things together and finish the project :)

I've seen it advertized, and I'm planning on getting some for a few projects I'm working on, but, I just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of it, and if it's as good as it appears?

Thanks in advance :)

We used their brushed stainless adhesive sheets as a temporary kitchen backsplash while we were waiting for the "gen" stainless to be cut and installed. Looked good and was dirt cheap, but we only had it up for about 6 weeks so I can't comment on its long term durability, although after I dicked around with it to see if it would work for a silver DW (prints and cuts nice but too thin to brush and too thick to use as an overlay) I gave a 4 foot length to the nextdoor neighbors who have had it on their dishwasher for over a year and it looks good.

I also thought about using one of their wood products to improve the "deck" instert on the Cousteau Diver but never got around too it.

But, for 75 bucks or whatever we paid for the sample pack, it sure is some pretty good stuff. I'll look around and see if I have any of that stuff and if you like I'd be happy to send what I have if I can find it.

We used their brushed stainless adhesive sheets as a temporary kitchen backsplash while we were waiting for the "gen" stainless to be cut and installed. Looked good and was dirt cheap, but we only had it up for about 6 weeks so I can't comment on its long term durability, although after I dicked around with it to see if it would work for a silver DW (prints and cuts nice but too thin to brush and too thick to use as an overlay) I gave a 4 foot length to the nextdoor neighbors who have had it on their dishwasher for over a year and it looks good.

I also thought about using one of their wood products to improve the "deck" instert on the Cousteau Diver but never got around too it.

But, for 75 bucks or whatever we paid for the sample pack, it sure is some pretty good stuff. I'll look around and see if I have any of that stuff and if you like I'd be happy to send what I have if I can find it.

Sounds awesome, although I don't think adhesive sheets would be able to cope with the shapes involved, I think it definitely has to be paint. Thanks for the offer though, that's really good of you :)