When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spitfire Chrono White Dial - 3717-02/05 End of Production

Toadtorrent

I had ordered a white dial 3717-02/05 over a month ago from Jay, and after good communication with Jay have decided to give up on this watch. He is actually giving me a refund. If that doesn't tell you the watch is rare...nothing will.

I also sent a couple emails to Andrew and Angus, and Andrew tells me the factory has stopped making the white dial, but he will look for one for me.

Does anybody know where I can get one? I'm talking the good double AR one in 42mm...not the 38mm one. I don't care about bracelet or strap.

I think this watch is one of the nicer IWCs around...

3717-2.jpg

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi...you're my only hope...

got this last year after waiting the better part of 06 for it..

img1768tc1.jpg

i have the case set with the double AR but i think I'll be sneding it to jakub or chieftang for their AR

the AR that certain collecotrs had for this rep is no where near our 2 coaters standards.. this was sent to me in error with just single AR then my collector sent the whole case set to me with the corrected double Ar..

got this last year after waiting the better part of 06 for it..

img1768tc1.jpg

Jay just wrote back that he has one with the bracelet. I'm taking it. That was 1.5 months of waiting for sourcing. It's the same one you have in your pic. It's a nice watch. Once again, a visit to the AD sold me on the watch. I tried on the Spitfire chrono with a leather strap and WOW, it was beautiful. I have the Di Modell Imperator strap already waiting for it...no IWC tang buckle...but hey.

Jay says the watch has passed the water resistance testing and that it is the correct one with double AR, I'll do a post when it arrives. I'm working on a review of the Crazy Hours right now...

Jay just wrote back that he has one with the bracelet. I'm taking it. That was 1.5 months of waiting for sourcing. It's the same one you have in your pic. It's a nice watch. Once again, a visit to the AD sold me on the watch. I tried on the Spitfire chrono with a leather strap and WOW, it was beautiful. I have the Di Modell Imperator strap already waiting for it...no IWC tang buckle...but hey.

Jay says the watch has passed the water resistance testing and that it is the correct one with double AR, I'll do a post when it arrives. I'm working on a review of the Crazy Hours right now...

great.. you will like this one .. but the Ar is really low grade ergo a trip to either of our two wizards for AR.. GTG.... also one mod that would have to be done.. look at the min. hand.. it rides over the ticks.. the min. hand is supposed to stop right at the beggining of the tick.. but the good news is there is a lot of material to work with.. and the hand can be shortened.. no one the wiser.. .. i have HK's straps for all my pilots.. on the way.. :D

notice the legnth of the hour hand...on the rep it is a fraction too long

3717002mkq1.jpgimg1768da3.jpg

Glad to hear it worked out for U

Lani

look at the hour hand.. it rides over the ticks.. the hour hand is supposed to stop right at the beggining of the tick.. but the good news is there is a lot of material to work with.. and the hand can be shortened.. no one the wiser..

notice the legnth of the hour hand...on the rep it is a fraction too long

3717002mkq1.jpgimg1768da3.jpg

Hey Lani,

Wow...didn't notice that one. Good spot on the hands!! As well...I think that's the minute hand you're talking about isn't it, or should I be eating more poi?? <_<

@dluddy - that's looking good. The AR is looking good. The latest Chieftang pics have been unbelieveable...but, I'm thinking if the stock double AR is as good as the Cousteau Divers, I'll probably leave it for awhile. I do want to get a The Zigmeister lume job on it though!!

Hey Lani,

Wow...didn't notice that one. Good spot on the hands!! As well...I think that's the minute hand you're talking about isn't it, or should I be eating more poi?? <_<

@dluddy - that's looking good. The AR is looking good. The latest Chieftang pics have been unbelieveable...but, I'm thinking if the stock double AR is as good as the Cousteau Divers, I'll probably leave it for awhile. I do want to get a Ziggy lume job on it though!!

hahaa,,,, .. that's hawaiin time.. goes slower here.. ohboyy .. i will edit it ..thanks..

the lume is the mirror type no where near the CD or HBB..etc.. but at least it's fixable..

• 3 weeks later...