When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this the Ultimate VCO?

technobug

Hi guys. New guy here. Been on the hunt for a VCO for the last week.

I just came across this:VCO

On another forum site's dealer area.

So far it looks to me the best that I've seen. BEst I can tell it's missing some screws on the case back, and the font for the 6 and 9 are off, but otherwise pretty damn close. Has anyone ordered one of these?

Looks like the link is broken...

Sorry failed to realize it was in the members area.

Vacheron Overseas Eta2836-2, White and Blue Dial in CONUS

post-12168-1207586731_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586753_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586768_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586788_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586808_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586828_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586844_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586856_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586869_thumb.jpg

post-12168-1207586881_thumb.jpg

Movement: Swiss ETA 2836-2

Features: 28,800 VPH

Hack Mechanism: Yes

Case: 316L stainless steel

Case Dimensions: 42 X 8 same as gen

Caseback: Solid and patterned just like the gen

Crown: Solid logo

Crystal: Sapphire

Dial: White (blue dial is available)

Bracelet: 316L ss

Type: Deployant

Price: $265 shipped conus $275 shipped global express

pay with credit card on website or with paypal

It's got the better cross, date window, the accent over the 'E', the case back, the bracelet. It seems to be the "all-in-one" we have been looking for.

The only thing that bugs me is that this watch isn't the same as what the dealer shows on his website. I've sent an email to the dealer to get this cleared up. Haven't heard back yet. The post date for this particular watch in the pics was 7/20/07. Which is the most recent update that I've been able to find for a VCO.

Your opinions guys?

This is one of the two available models and this one has the correct VC cross... for the rest i would not choose this one. The other version has a better bracelet, better caseback, better datewindow etc... so the one TWP shows us is actually the one with the most flaws. Only the cross is very good ;)

This is one of the two available models and this one has the correct VC cross... for the rest i would not choose this one. The other version has a better bracelet, better caseback, better datewindow etc... so the one TWP shows us is actually the one with the most flaws. Only the cross is very good ;)

Really?

So the date window shown in the pics is not good? I thought it was a matter of square ws. trapezoidal?

The datewindow is like "trapezoid overkill".

The dial font is off...everywhere.

The bracelet looks substandard with no polished inner edges...everything looks to be curved.

The crown protudes too much from the case. And it is also the wrong type.

The case looks to be a poorly finished brushing job.

The hands are good, though. The numeral track looks good too.

Besides, this post is nearly a year old. Buy from Silix and you'll get a better rep for much less.

Besides, this post is nearly a year old. Buy from Silix and you'll get a better rep for much less.

Ahhhhh finally.

Ok I've been waiting for someone to chime in and actually suggest a vendor. I'm rather new to this and just wasn't sure if I should just buy the dial from Silix or the entire watch. I'm just not wanting to have to go through the different offerings in a trial by error style.

Thanks for the input.

I agree on everything except the caseback--the ultimate version would require combining 2--the dial from the 1st 42mm version w/ the cross and hands (w/ the long ends of the points snipped off) from the 2nd. AR is an absolute MUST. The silver dial is I think more accurate than the black--I've seen 2 gen black dials and the numbers were brushed on both.

I own both versions of the 42mm VCO and the casebacks look the same to me. If you're talking about the rep of the pre-redesign gen VCO, I agree 100%...that caseback is f'n amazing!

I agree on everything except the caseback--the ultimate version would require combining 2--the dial from the 1st 42mm version w/ the cross and hands (w/ the long ends of the points snipped off) from the 2nd. AR is an absolute MUST. The silver dial is I think more accurate than the black--I've seen 2 gen black dials and the numbers were brushed on both.

I own both versions of the 42mm VCO and the casebacks look the same to me. If you're talking about the rep of the pre-redesign gen VCO, I agree 100%...that caseback is f'n amazing!

Hey Archibald, is there a silver dial version or are you speaking of the white dial. I have heard of a silver dial version but yet to find a dealer who has one or could source one.

Hey Archibald, is there a silver dial version or are you speaking of the white dial. I have heard of a silver dial version but yet to find a dealer who has one or could source one.

I thought they only came in silver and black--My guess is we're talking about the same dial, which does look kind of white in the pics but it's definitely more silverish in person, especially w/ a good AR coat. The best part about the silver dial is that the numbers on the gen are polished as per the rep.

My friend, do yourself a favor and just order the old version and source a dial. I guarantee you'll be hooked. This one of the few instances where you can save money by getting the cheaper, older version of the rep and order a new dial separately for the cross (the new version's hands are probably really optional, IMO. I like them because they look slightly better finished to my eye.) Add an AR for 40 bucks and you're damn near 1:1 for about $350 including parts and labor.