When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 6497 Incabloc Shock system ?

vric

Hi

I have been desassembling my swiss ETA 6497 tonight and when I came to the Incabloc, I had no idea how to remove the cap jewel under it. The tutorial I was fallowing refer to a lever that look like a U where the bottom part act like a hinge, but on the ETA 6497, the system is completely different.

Here is a picture of the part. (cut and paste url)

hxxp://www.tztoolshop.com/images/eta6497-1novadiac.jpg

How does it work? How to I remove that ?

Thanks

Edited by vric

If you look closely at the cup that contains the shock components you will see small indentations at 3 points around its circumference

shockspring.jpg

Use the tip of a small oiler (or, if you are very careful, the tip of your tweezers) to rotate the cloverleaf-shaped spring that holds the jewel in the cup slightly until the points of the spring align with the indentations in the cup, then you can remove the spring & lift out the jewels. Be careful when doing this because it is 1 of those procedures where the spring is likely to pop out & fly a good distance if you are not careful. Once the spring has been removed, you can use a small piece of rodico putty to lift the 2 jewels out of the cup (careful, they are held together by a drop of oil between them). Installation is a reversal of the removal procedure.

I think the lever you read about refers to a KIF shock system, where the spring is levered at 1 end -- you gently compress the spring to release it from the cup & then lift the spring up (it is hinged on 1 side) & out of the way

newkif3-3.jpg