When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss SFSO Stopped

redbird

my fish stops exactly at 11:50 every time. i recently found out that it is because the hour hand hits the top of the protruding breitling logo at 12. i am going to attempt to fix it myself, but i dont know if i should.

The minute hand is somewhat bent, perhaps causing the second hand to stop when it hits. I can't really see it touching perse and it doesn't happen every time the second hand touches the minute hand...

Annoying, however I was planning to get it superlumed anyway so this seems like something that could be fixed by my modder. My new question: Since The Zigmeister is busy until July, whoelse in CONUS does this sort of thing (quasi mods and lume)?

OK, so I think I've got it figured out. The minute hand is somewhat bent, causing the second hand to stop when it hits. Annoying, however I was planning to get it superlumed anyway so this seems like something that could be fixed by my modder. My new question: Since The Zigmeister is busy until July, whoelse in CONUS does this sort of thing (quasi mods and lume)?

More clues:

When screwing the crown back in, I hear a click like the sound you hear when the date is being changed. Nothing changes on the watch face, but clearly something in the movement is moving.

The date also sometimes will not change no matter how many times you wind it in the 'date' notch.

Both minute and hour hand are noticeably bent. Are all SFSO's this way?

Really frustrating because I've had the watch only 1 month but I've grown to love it a great deal.

Do these clues together make more sense? Help!! Thanks!

I guess the soud is normal while screwing the crown, because it hand-winds at the same.

What comes to the date changing, EXPERTS chime in

And the hands.. my asian SOSF had "straight" hands, but swiss had bend hands, maybe something because swiss seems to have recessed cannon pinion (not sure one can say that, with breitling, but for PAMs anyway?)

Lets hope its easy problem,

Cheers, R