When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date issue with YM Noob

I recently bought a YM Noob from a dealer here. Everything about the watch was perfect apart from an issue with the date. It does not roll forward at 12:00, instead a *CLICK* can be heard. However when I pull the crown out at the date-setting position and turn the crown it changes properly.

I know that the datewheel was swapped out, is it anything to do with the datewheel not being installed properly? Is it an easy fix, as I have no tools to do any type of work and wouldn't know where to begin :lol:

I don't know what movements are used in those reps, but here is an example of an ETA 2824-2. If your date is not rolling over at midnight, there is probably something wrong with the wheel. See RED arrow. That gear is driven by the hour wheel and is spring loaded to snap the date disc forward. It could be slipping, or damaged.

As for the other problem of the date not being able to be advanced manually, See BLUE arrow. That gear, when engaged advances the date disc manually. So two things come to mind.

1.) are you turning the crown the right way when trying to advance the date? Depending on the movement, you may have to turn the crown clockwise or counterclockwise.

2.) Maybe the wheel is missing.

eta2824dnr5.jpg

The above one from DemonSlayer is mine.

I've already been in contact with Remesh, and actually I have no idea how it could happen, strange really as I made sure that I checked it more than double after the DW-swap and right before shipment. I believe it could be a transport issue perhaps?

Anyways Remesh, I take full responsibility to this case and have informed Remesh as well (been buried a bit with e-mails) will get a new one shipped from EU asap as a replacement.

Once again sorry for the inconvience Remesh. I truly did all the QC before shipment, but you mentioned that already to me.

Don't worry about the DW, I get you a brandnew one.

Rg

Chris

Are these EuroTimez?
Edited by EuroTimez

Thank you Stilty and Chris.

I should mention that communications with Chris have been excellent and he's been very helpful. I am in no way slating him for this, as things can happen that are sometimes beyond someones control.

I thought perhaps it was an easy repair/adjustment to get the DW issue sorted, but as already mentioned I have no experience of working on automatics, I don't have any tools and the 3 Quartz watches I've opened up to experiment on are all ruined :lol:

I don't know what movements are used in those reps, but here is an example of an ETA 2824-2. If your date is not rolling over at midnight, there is probably something wrong with the wheel. See RED arrow. That gear is driven by the hour wheel and is spring loaded to snap the date disc forward. It could be slipping, or damaged.

As for the other problem of the date not being able to be advanced manually, See BLUE arrow. That gear, when engaged advances the date disc manually. So two things come to mind.

1.) are you turning the crown the right way when trying to advance the date? Depending on the movement, you may have to turn the crown clockwise or counterclockwise.

2.) Maybe the wheel is missing.

eta2824dnr5.jpg

Thanks for a detailed answer, I also have no tools and as the watch is on a winder I dont think it will affect me unless it powers down.