When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Plexiglass for vintage pam 6152

togasa

this may be a bit old subject --- but if you prefer (i do) solid plexi glass crystal, i am in the process of making a small batch, probably 10 (finally, I found a good shop to do this, with a help from my ex. good thing i dated her, haha).

If anyone wants one, let me know.

My plan is to get the profile just like the gen vintage profile (comes out tall, very much similar to davidsen's). Because this will be solid plexi, i can bang it around, even get a corner chipped -- which will give nice vintagy look! like this (from my panerai book)

dentcrystal.jpg

This is the profile i'm going to have it made are like this

http://www.paneristi.com/archives/vintage/index.html

scroll down to almost the bottom

http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/collpics/Dscn1240.jpg

The diameter will be nominally 40.0mm but can be customized if i hear in the next 4-5days. I am figuring out the thickness right now, as i am doing for 3 different cases. Thickness can also be customized without additional cost (based on the shop's feedback so far). I measured davidsen's case and 127/217 cases, and these are all 40mm.

I can probably release each one for a very good price ~40usd.

Edited by togasa

togasa, i am very interested in tall domed/high profile plexi for my mini-fiddy (i posted a couple days ago about how the mineral crystal exploded). i measured it and it appears to be about 37.2mm diameter across inside edge of the bezel. depending on your plan, i'd probably be willing to send you the case&bezel to insure correct measurement. let me know how you plan to proceed. i have also found a similar shaped plexi from cousinsuk, so that may be easier. rgds/ww

Edited by Watchwatcher

togasa, i am very interested in tall domed/high profile plexi for my mini-fiddy (i posted a couple days ago about how the mineral crystal exploded). i measured it and it appears to be about 37.2mm diameter across inside edge of the bezel. depending on your plan, i'd probably be willing to send you the case&bezel to insure correct measurement. let me know how you plan to proceed. i have also found a similar shaped plexi from cousinsuk, so that may be easier. rgds/ww

For the crystal, i'll be finalizing the order pretty soon, if anyone is interested, send me PM with the following 3 dimensions. The top curve profile will be roughly the same for all. I've given the shop side profile pictures and they gonna CAD it and figure that out.

I visit the forum sporadically. but if you send me a PM, that ensures i get your email on time. For simplicity of my side of things and speed, send me dimensions, not your crystal or bezel (estimating dimensions off of a bezel is a challenge...and i can't be liable for that).

right now, i plan to make 2 versions - 6mm total thickness (for davidsen's case) and 4mm thickness (for 217/127 case).

dim.jpg

I would be interested as well! Please PM me with details. I have a 47mm 6152 that I am currently working on. Thanks!

this may be a bit old subject --- but if you prefer (i do) solid plexi glass crystal, i am in the process of making a small batch, probably 10 (finally, I found a good shop to do this, with a help from my ex. good thing i dated her, haha).

If anyone wants one, let me know.

My plan is to get the profile just like the gen vintage profile (comes out tall, very much similar to davidsen's). Because this will be solid plexi, i can bang it around, even get a corner chipped -- which will give nice vintagy look! like this (from my panerai book)

dentcrystal.jpg

This is the profile i'm going to have it made are like this

http://www.paneristi.com/archives/vintage/index.html

scroll down to almost the bottom

http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/collpics/Dscn1240.jpg

The diameter will be nominally 40.0mm but can be customized if i hear in the next 4-5days. I am figuring out the thickness right now, as i am doing for 3 different cases. Thickness can also be customized without additional cost (based on the shop's feedback so far). I measured davidsen's case and 127/217 cases, and these are all 40mm.

I can probably release each one for a very good price ~40usd.

Some results below. the crystal ended up being a bit shorter than i ordered and the corner of the crystal wasn't quite as edgy as i intended. With the crystal on the case, it gives a good distortion at an oblique viewing angle (i just need to polish the edge a bit better...) The fit to DSN case is perfect. No spacer needed. very tight fit.

i also made much shorter one for 1950 case. 4.1mm total thickness, 40mm dia. I tried to install this onto my 1950 case but i couldn't remove the mineral on the bezel.

i have a few of each. if anyone wants one, let me know. i'll share one at a very reasonable price.

if someone makes a good measurements off of the exploded fiddy (need inner dia of the bezel and base height by digital caliper measurement), i can get those made.

2008-04-17_005633.jpg

2008-04-17_005643.jpg

2008-04-17_005651.jpg

2008-04-17_005620.jpg

• 1 month later...

Someone contacted me for the crystal but his/her account doesn't allow PM.... so if you want me to contact back, allow members to contact you...

the price i am asking is modest 35usd including shipping world wide (i tell you that there is no profit for me in this, just sharing the joy).

Payment by paypal and i will ship to paypal address only.