When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does Aged Tritium change colour under different light?

mezzanine

I was looking at my matte transitional dial, and noticed the colour of the 'faux tritium' markers looked different under soft light. In pictures, and if looked at closely under a bright light, the colour of the markers is soft lemon-yellowish, slightly raised and texturized. In the dark, the colour is the same as under the bright light.

But under more natural lighting, the markers have the appearance of being more 'aged' sandy beige in colour and texture. I don't know if that's a normal optical thing, but I thought I would ask if that was characteristic of the revell night color stuff- not sure if that's the name that Edge used in his review of mods for a 1680- but those were the only markers I saw that I thought were similar in texture and colour under light. Maybe yellow just looks different from a distance under softer light condtions? :huh:

• 1 month later...
I was looking at my matte transitional dial, and noticed the colour of the 'faux tritium' markers looked different under soft light. In pictures, and if looked at closely under a bright light, the colour of the markers is soft lemon-yellowish, slightly raised and texturized. In the dark, the colour is the same as under the bright light.

But under more natural lighting, the markers have the appearance of being more 'aged' sandy beige in colour and texture. I don't know if that's a normal optical thing, but I thought I would ask if that was characteristic of the revell night color stuff- not sure if that's the name that Edge used in his review of mods for a 1680- but those were the only markers I saw that I thought were similar in texture and colour under light. Maybe yellow just looks different from a distance under softer light condtions? :huh:

aged genuine tritium become next to the pink colour if you have kept the watch in a safe ...not under the light....

aged genuine tritium become more yellow if you have worn the watch ...with the light ...