When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Hunting in Taipei?

DuDro

I'm off to Taiwan on Monday for 2 weeks....I haven't been to Taiwan for about two years and I don't remember there being good rep watch shopping on my last trip.

Have things changed? Are there some good spots in Taipei for quality rep watch hunting?

I know that "River" is there but I don't think he would be willing to meet in person. Most dealers prefer to stay anonymous...

Any advice from the community?

Not likely... Taiwan clams down hard on reps.

No peddlar will show his wares as he risks jail time not just a fine.

I was there in November '07 and didn't see any rep watches despite visiting several major day and night markets in several cities (although I was there more for the awesome street food). My girl was surprised at how hard it was to even find fake bags, although with a little luck you will find a vendor or two with a secret stash under their table. For watches, China or Thailand is definitely the place to go.

If you thinking about watches, Thailand is not the place imo.

I have tried to visit many site and found that the price is just over-charged.

Sometime, they lie about their movement. All Thai watch sites claim that 7750 movement in their watches are Swiss ETA while it is Asian.

In addition, all watches sold at MBK center or day/night market are not that good and even over priced. And most of the time when

you try to find Rep watches in Thailand, you will find only Rolexs, Omega, or Tag. Never talks about AR.

Believe me, you will be better stay home surfing Internet for Rep watches than going to Thailand.

On the other hand, if you want to travel, welcome to Thailand. :wub:

I miss many restaurants there. All seafood, Chinese, Japanese, buffet ($3 - $13 fresh seafood @ all you can eat restaurants), and street noodle.

Edited by yim156

I quote yim156, "In addition, all watches sold at MBK center or day/night market are not that good and even over priced. And most of the time when

you try to find Rep watches in Thailand, you will find only Rolexs, Omega, or Tag. Never talks about AR."

I beg to disagree. During my last visit, there were tons of HBBs, B&Rs and lots of BVLOVAs on display at MBK. These are the usual sh*t stuff one level higher than those at the martkets and the street stalls along Sukhumvit Road. For better items, you need to ask the vendors. More often than not, they have the items hidden under the counters or phone calls may be made to their associates in the same complex.

One day, I was there looking for a LV sub with green bevel and the lady claimed that she has one. A call was made and within 5 mins the watch was delivered. It was a good rep with all the proper engravings and such BUT it doesn't have the large hour dots. She agreed to my observations and made other calls. The answers came back negative. There was no aggressive selling. Nice lady.

I don't claim ALL stalls have the goodies but I think the larger ones do. One doesn't lose anything by asking.

dooley

I think someone here is pulling someone`s plonker.

In the original post the person is going to TAIWAN. ( that is part of China, last time I heard )

The subject has suddenly shifted to THAILAND. WTF ?

Also Duro , do you know for a , "fact" that River would not meet you?

Have you contacted River to ask ?

I think someone here is pulling someone`s plonker.

In the original post the person is going to TAIWAN. ( that is part of China, last time I heard )

The subject has suddenly shifted to THAILAND. WTF ?

:lol:

mapoftheworldmv6.jpg