When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Aquaracer!

Race1

Hey guys.

My Aquaracer Day date arrived today. Man was I psyched. It looks really good. Weight feels good too. B) I went to TrustyTimes site (not where I bought from) and read the initialisation procedure. So I carefully unscrewed the crown. Wound it about 20 times. Then pulled the crown out to the 1st click. Wound it clockwise to set the date. The turned in Anticlockwise (I read By Tors thread) to set the day. And its apperently broken! Goes to half way between Mon Sun and doesnt turn any more. The date is currently set at 8:30 so its not that aspect about setting day at noon/midnight area.

Then imagine my joy when the bracelet fell apart. The pin in the end by the plate with "Tag Heuer" written on wont stay in on one side. Glad I spotted this before I went out!

Great introduction to replicas!

Any tips or should I be contacting the seller?

Thanks man.

You are an absolute bloody star B) Got the Day to Fri and its nicely centralised too. Adjusted the Date and its all good.

Strangely when the bracelet is actually locked the pin stays in. Might just go to a jewellers (not a Tag dealer obviously :lol: ) see if they can refit or replace the pin. I need some links taken out anyway. Its fricking massive at the moment :huh:

Cheers again!

The day/date thing is always a bit wonky, if it doesn't change just tweak the hands a little bit and try again... just like LR recommended. I don't think it's a big deal. But never, ever use any force with the day or date.

You apparently had a little bit of bad luck with the bracelet. Reps have no quality control, but the good thing is that almost all problems on the reps arise right away. If you can fix it locally, it's always the best option. Ask a small discount from Andrew for your next purchase to cover the troubles.

Congrats for the great purchase, Aquaracer chrono is one of my biggest favorites.

7a.jpg

Hey guys.

My Aquaracer Day date arrived today. Man was I psyched. It looks really good. Weight feels good too. B) I went to TrustyTimes site (not where I bought from) and read the initialisation procedure. So I carefully unscrewed the crown. Wound it about 20 times. Then pulled the crown out to the 1st click. Wound it clockwise to set the date. The turned in Anticlockwise (I read By Tors thread) to set the day. And its apperently broken! Goes to half way between Mon Sun and doesnt turn any more. The date is currently set at 8:30 so its not that aspect about setting day at noon/midnight area.

Then imagine my joy when the bracelet fell apart. The pin in the end by the plate with "Tag Heuer" written on wont stay in on one side. Glad I spotted this before I went out!

Great introduction to replicas!

Any tips or should I be contacting the seller?

Since you are new to reps ..... and before you get the bug , listen to this.

3 our of 5 reps you will get, will be defective.... and that's from the vast majority of the named dealers here.

Picking up your rep and dealer carefully could reduce this rate (....the 3 out 5 defective) but it will not eliminate it.

.... so be prepare.

3 our of 5 reps you will get, will be defective....

I disagree.

I've had about 40 reps, and only ONE has been defective. Two had minor problems. Though the rate might be significantly higher from the dropshipping dealers.

I disagree.

I've had about 40 reps, and only ONE has been defective. Two had minor problems. Though the rate might be significantly higher from the dropshipping dealers.

After five years as a rep collectors and with more than 50 pieces passing from my fingers ..... that was the average number of defective reps.

3 out of 5. <_<

The sad thing is that lately (last 6 months) I am also having this

The day/date thing is always a bit wonky, if it doesn't change just tweak the hands a little bit and try again... just like LR recommended. I don't think it's a big deal. But never, ever use any force with the day or date.

You apparently had a little bit of bad luck with the bracelet. Reps have no quality control, but the good thing is that almost all problems on the reps arise right away. If you can fix it locally, it's always the best option. Ask a small discount from Andrew for your next purchase to cover the troubles.

Congrats for the great purchase, Aquaracer chrono is one of my biggest favorites.

7a.jpg

Thanks for the replys guys. :D

Just thought Id correct one small thing. I did not buy from Andrew, just used his sites reference page. Anyhow, I went to a local jewellers today (H Samuel for the Brits here) and they didnt want to know as "you need to go to a Tag dealer" So I went and chanced it by going to an independent Tag reseller. (Not Beaverbrooks or Ernest Jones)

This rep buisness is a gamble. I have had 7 out of 9 reps arrive with flaws or defects.

Most of the issues I had were bracelet related. Luckily all the movements work fine and the dealers I dealt with sent me replacement bracelets.

The two watches that arrived in perfect condition was a Speedmaster day date from Andrew and a Chopard GMT chrono from Angus.

The quality of some of these bracelets is pretty bad in stark contrast to the cases which are beautifully finished.

• 3 weeks later...
Aquaracer chrono is one of my biggest favorites.

7a.jpg

Stoooooop. Everytime you post I find myself checking my bank account online. Aaaand thats where things come to an abrupt end. :bangin:

Grats on the new watch Race, welcome!