When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul's Daydate

Thor

I am thinkng about this daydate from paul. My question is the gen platinum? If so is this rep rhoidium plated? Or just SS. If so, whats the difference in finish?

PAULS DAYDATE

There have been a lot of negative comments about Paul lately. I have a problem with his website. The way he advertises certain watches as being "Solid 18K gold" in the headings. I asked him about it and he said no they were triple plate. Then, he added a line clarifying that the bracelet was a different type of plate. But, he still has the heading "Solid 18K gold" and inference is that the bracelet is not but the rest is solid, and that cannot be true for the small extra that he is charging for the watches. (Listed as $399, marked down to $299). Not sure why one would buy for this source when there are so many other dealers who don't have these negative comments.

The gen may be platinum or white gold. I have this version of the watch and it looks really, really nice.

The steel is shiny like platinum or WG but of course, isn't nearly as heavy.

This one represents the WG model, as the Platinum Daydates with President braclets have the same kind of bezel, but normally have a ice blue dial. The silver dial is commonly seen on WG models. I think this one is SS. River's WG Masterpiece, I think is WG plated. I wouldn't buy from Paul. Spend a little more for a dealer that is so many more time reliable.

sorry but can anyone link me to a daydate or datejust like this plated in WG?

Finding real white gold in a rep is probably a long shot

You could try this link: http://www.thewatchplaceonline.com/excellent_series.htm

and get a day date with white gold and it's a better watch to boot. I bought one and it's a nice watch- 5 microns 18 kt gold plated.

But Paul's looks nice and who's going to really know if it's white gold or polished ss?

I have this watch with the cz dial. It is SS and the finish is sweet. The other guy is right, it really doesn't make a difference WG or SS, it won't pass for gen so go for the look.

BTW, here's mine:

176-8437.jpg