When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've lost my friend today...

Guest Sql_pl

I'm so sorry man. I bet they were loved and spoiled very much.

Keep yourself preoccupied. Time to pick out a new book to read, or whens the last time you looked around the gen watch websites, etc.

The sadness will pass, but you'll always remember the happy parts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

That's how I got that gen 16610 idea today... weird how it is always Rolex somehow... earlier when I started this thread I also started my Franken 16520 project....

I remember Beta M....

I see your beloved rottie so happy to see Beta after so long, in my minds eye .. :)

it's one of the truly saddest moments .. the memories of when they were pups always enters my mind.. I very much miss all my furry friends ..

they often visit me in dreams .. and it is always a bitter sweet moment to play with them once again..

They understand and are so unconditional when humans aren't :)

L

Guest Sql_pl

Thank you... yes these creatures are so amazing when you think of their unconditional love, how they really care about you...

We are glad she was there to "raise" Arta with us... here is a pic of them together:

aa31f3a0ec.jpeg

People say bad things about rottweilers but this dog was really amazing, calm, patient....

Just look how patient :)

fifi2r.jpg

fifi3.jpg

fifi1.jpg

Rotti's are like many .. stereotyped .. just not so.. they are great "family" companions.. my friends rott.. "Brutus" is a gentle giant and always the first one to greet me .. he did run into my truck once.. to him it was a nudge and affectionate greeting.. :lol:

Maciek,

If you look at my join date it is obvious I missed this thread first time around. But I do remember you from the old RWG.

I am sorry for the passing of your dogs, and was, and am worried when owners deny themselves, after a grieving period, companionship of 'new members to the pack'. I think sometimes they feel guilty as if they are replacing an animal and all the cherished memories. That it is disrespectful. I was relieved to see you added 'Arta' to the family. What a dear. It was good for Fisia as well. It is healing and good. Being dog lovers, we owe it to the specie as a whole to keep the chain going. There will always be special and worthy dogs needing that connection. It's a bond that defies language.

With the passing of every one, another arrives to keep the grand balance. Meet "Largo". She may look somewhat familiar to you;

Largo.jpg

LargoI.jpg

100% Florida Cracker Coon Hound. A pointer crossbreed at three months here. A bit lower to the ground, more slight and shorter of ear than the German Short Hair. Man, these dogs hunt! And how. Where I live, you can't swing a cat by the tail and not bump it into a pack of these dogs. Heart and soul the bravest most loyal companion you could have in the field. Whether hunting feral boar or bird they are fearless.

Beta lives through all the pointer breed. In that way immortal. I think I'll take her and 'Largo' for a little walkabout down to the river tonight. This is the best of all possible worlds!

Peace.