When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO 45 mm Divers Strap

lanikai

I actually got this awhile ago .. i only put it on now as this UPO still needs modding .. but out of curiousity i attached it and I would say it is of the same quality as the porsche Flat P,... the Graham oversize Chronofighter and the IWC CD..

the texture is a bit more rigid at the lugs than the graham .. dust resistant: it definately is that... the profile of the rep divers strap IMO is "Solid".. here's the pics

i have the CT AR'd crystal to go on this and of course the genuine dial and crown.. i will do a comparison at some point and time after i get this modded.. my confident impression is CT's AR will out do the genuine crystal..

anyway hope this helps anyone wondering about the rubber strap

btw the orange bezel will go on this then the orange rubber strap.....

dsc0004mu5.jpg

dsc0009go9.jpg

csc0012qy5.jpg

csc0008du3.jpg

the only problem.. which I believe can be fixed at least reasonably by getting the genuine Spring bar.. the rep bar is really thin.. Merrickville I believe was the first to suggest this "fix"

I'm wearing my modded UPO in this pic.. but until i get the genuine bars I really am not wearing it, hee... well almost never.. i shouldn't it be wearing it even around the house until i fix the spring bar issue.... one of my UPO came undone with the rep spring bar.. yikes .. can't risk it..

see the gap when you bend the band.. IMO this is because of the weak thin spring bar holding the strap in place.. I'll let you know..after I put on the genuine..

dsc0007el3.jpg

Looks awesome Lan. I just picked up the Silix version for my Silix PO and have to say that it fits the case perfectly. As you have probably noticed, the strap is very stiff between the lugs where the "V" is. This forces you to have to tighten the strap up pretty hard to hold it against the sides of your wrist. I can see how that would cause the gap at the top as you showed. The Silix PO seems to have an extra lip on the underside between the lugs, which the bottom part of the strap seems to fit into nicely. I noticed my UPO cases are shaped a little differently on the bottom, and there is no lip for the underside of the strap to grip on to. I believe that is the problem with the UPO. I've tried the thinnest springbars I have, and the strap is still solid on the Silix PO, so although that may help, it really shouldn't be necessary on a properly fitting strap.

Here is my Silix PO on the Silix rubber strap...

hpim0124236.jpg

Notice the "ledge" on the backside where the rubber lip overhangs. This keeps the strap from sliding upwards. The UPO does not have this "Ledge", its more rounded, and there is nothing to hold the strap in place.

hpim0122181.jpg