When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster chrono

PAMman

I have been considering buying one of these as I have a Swiss 7750 without a home and I know that the genuine sub-dial and centre secs hands are easily available, so the Swiss movement can be matched to correctly fitting hands. Just add the gen crown / tube and this must be a solid performer, close to gen quality.

Can anyone confirm if these Seamaster chronos are all the same from all sources, or are there minor variations from one seller to another?

I have been considering buying one of these as I have a Swiss 7750 without a home and I know that the genuine sub-dial and centre secs hands are easily available, so the Swiss movement can be matched to correctly fitting hands. Just add the gen crown / tube and this must be a solid performer, close to gen quality.

Can anyone confirm if these Seamaster chronos are all the same from all sources, or are there minor variations from one seller to another?

I believe they're all the same now, although at one time some came with the correct DW font.

Pretty much the same from all sources. You just need to watch out for bezel misalignment problem on early batches.

The bezel (insert) is misaligned on all of the reps I've seen - even some of the genuine Omega inserts were misaligned on the pre-Co-Axial model chrono.

If you are going to get the hands for the Swiss 7750, why go the extra mile for the genuine bezel? The bezel improves the watch tenfold :D A gen SS bracelet also makes a huge difference (rep bracelet is very poor), but it is really expensive. A cheaper option would be to pop it on a gen Omega blue rubber strap, and then you would have a 99.99% accurate replica! B)

Just for you own reference: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...17&hl=omega

Just a taster of what you have to look forward too ^_^

The bezel (insert) is misaligned on all of the reps I've seen - even some of the genuine Omega inserts were misaligned on the pre-Co-Axial model chrono.

Mine from Josh was correct...and I've been reading that others have arrived correct from Andrew and Silix.

Mine failed pressure testing whereas Gioarmani's 2 from Andrew passed with no problems.

That is one misaligned bezel insert, sir.. <_<

Mine from Andrew arrived like that, too.

For the record mine came from Homer, (great guy) and was totally aligned on arrival!

Does using a gen 7750 make the use of the chrono smoother (my pushers feel a little stiff)

also my housemate just bought a gen Tag Carrera (brad pit version) and his chrono is actually less smooth in terms of the beat than my 28,800 A7750, are there high and low beat eta 7750 movements?

Mine comes from Homer too.

Strong and good but don't play too much with the chrono.

There is a defect on the seconds hands wich one day will slip and stop at 5 instead of zero, there is a topic from The Zigmeister on that 7750 problem.

Misaligned insert is not a problem, very easy to fix...

If you are going to get the hands for the Swiss 7750, why go the extra mile for the genuine bezel? The bezel improves the watch tenfold :D A gen SS bracelet also makes a huge difference (rep bracelet is very poor), but it is really expensive. A cheaper option would be to pop it on a gen Omega blue rubber strap, and then you would have a 99.99% accurate replica! B)

Just for you own reference: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...17&hl=omega

Just a taster of what you have to look forward too ^_^

I already have a genuine Omega blue sharkskin for the Seamaster, that I originally intended to put on my 'old-school' Bond but it has the good bracelet, so it will suit the chrono. If I drop in the Swiss ETA complete with gen hands then it should feel close to the real thing.

Can the genuine bezel insert be bought on its own, or are only complete bezels available? Is the gen bezel a straight fit?

Never found a genuine insert alone.

As offrei do, only complete bezels are avalaible.

The gen bezel fits.

Thanks - while I don't normally agree with throwing money at reps unnecessarily I will at least consider this. The strap and movement I already have so I am really just seeking a suitable home for them.

not in this case:

P4170599.jpg

P4170604.jpg

the "points" on the rim need to line up with the hour positions. yours is not aligned, but dont worry its an easy fix and is not a sign of bad qualit ( I have an smp non chrono that had a misaligned bezel) by-tor has a guide to aligning the non chono version and i assume the chrono works muh the same way

Yes, I bought from him, the man is very honest.

But I never had the one shown in the picture so be sure that he'll still have the good one.

He sent me two, refund me one and offer me an aftermarket crystal for the trouble.

A good man, but I repeat be sure he 'll send you the one...

Another seller name Kurtyu on ebay have the only ones with a nice pearl well centered.

Check the color before you buy it...

Another seller name Kurtyu on ebay have the only ones with a nice pearl well centered.

Check the color before you buy it...

A search on Kurtyu on ebay members brings up a member with a '0' rating, and no items for sale. Apparently in Russia, and a member for some years, but with no items currently listed. Could it be a seller with a slightly different name?

A search on Kurtyu on ebay members brings up a member with a '0' rating, and no items for sale. Apparently in Russia, and a member for some years, but with no items currently listed. Could it be a seller with a slightly different name?

Oups.. my mistake...That was indeed KURTYIU in HK and he owns another shop billhk2001

Look at the pearls they still look good

Edited by antomarty