When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help!

technobug

So I purchased a watch from one of the dealers that does business here as well as other forums. This is the second watch that I have purchased from this particular dealer. This is my first "high end" rep so I was looking foward to receiving it.

Well the transaction was great, excellent communication, prompt service, the process was very smooth. I received the watch today. I open the box, and initially was very happy. Everything seemed in order. I checked all the known "flaws" of this particular model and everything was as or better than expected. That is until I started peeling the plastic off of it.....

First thing I noticed was that there was a noticible gap between the endlink and the case at the 6 o'clock position. It's noticible because the other endlink is flush to the case. The particular endlink that doesn't mate well to the case is also rather loose on the bracelet. It is as if the tube is too small a diameter or the end link has too big of a hole in it. I was kind of upset about it, until my finger snagged something on the same side of the bracelet near the clasp. There is a screw that was quite obviously damaged in assembly of the watch. The slot for the crew driver is mangled to the point where the screw hear is almost non-existant. The screw also juts out almost a mil from the link. It's quite easy to tell what happened here. Either the screw was cross threaded during assembly or there was debris from the polishing process stuffed in the screw hole and it wasn't cleaned out. In either case whomever assembled this bracelet, decided to attempt to force the screw in after meeting resistance.

Needless to say I was pretty bummed about all of these QC issues. I emailed the dealer from which I purchased the watch regarding the problem.

This was his response:

"Bracelet is NEW and untouched. All is factory intact when I shipped to you. Thanks"

No response as to how to resolve this problem. I've sent two more follow up emails and have yet to get a response.

Now I'm F'IN [censored]!

Is this the kind of service that is expected from these dealers? How is it that this dealer qualifies as a dealer on this site?!

I'm kind of stuck. Unsure of what to do. Any suggestions?

I've refrained from naming names and blasting this guy, because it has only been about 6hrs and am giving the benefit of doubt. However his rather short response leaves a bit uneasy. If this matter continues to be unresolved I will have no problem bashing this guy and his partner all over these boards.

If it has been 6 hours I would give it a little moe time and wait for their response. Is it possible to take a photo of the damaged area?

Yeah I tried taking pics just now at the request of a mod on another forum. I came up with only 1 good one. Kinda hard to take pics holding a flashlight with one hand. I'll try to take more during daylight hours. The pic clearly shows the screw stickin out though.

VCO001.jpg

Anytime you receive a rep with a mechanical defect, always send along a good, clear picture with your initial email to the seller. English is not most sellers 1st language & a picture really is worth 1,000 words. It also helps to highlight the problem area. Try sending this picture & if you can take a macro (close up) shot of the damaged screw head that would be a good idea

post-3175-1208531672_thumb.jpg

You want to make the problem as easy to understand as possible. And although it may be difficult, try to refrain from making demands or accusations. Describe the problem, refer to the pictures you attached & be clear about what you would like the seller to do to resolve the issue. Then give the seller at least 2 business days to respond. Many (not all) sellers drop-ship from a separate factory, so they never see the actual watch you receive. The seller may also need to go through a series of people to get to the person who can replace or repair your watch. So be patient & the seller will usually resolve the problem to your satisfaction (as long as you bought the watch from 1 of our collectors).

This is the WORST bracelet out there. My local watch guy yanked out the same screw and put a pin in it. Total hack job but it's wearable.

Well lucky or not I have a big wrist. I'll be wearing this (maybe ) at full length. I won't be needing to touch the links. I'm just [censored] that this thing showed up looking like this. I'm feelin robbed right now.