When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

9B

Guest asad

I guess Davidsen on the dial. And if it is he has stepped up his game. The PVD doesn't look like his though.

Are my eyes deceiving me or are those cross bars on the A's correct as well as the spacing between PAN E RAI??

I agree Kruzer if it is DSN then hats off to hiim of whoever!

:fish:

The reason why I say that is that I am staring at my wrist with a gen black dial on and although the dial looks great (and is probably the best of this one I have seen) no one has ever gotten the inner curve on the 6's and the 9's exactly right. But then again it is clearly a compressed picture so who knows. On the face of it the font and spacing looks great. Can't see what is going on with the L Swiss L (t?) though.

In any case, Asad has one fabulous watch and kudos to him. :D

Without having a gen in my hand to compare I would accept this dial as being genuine. If it's not a genuine item then, at least from these photos, it's clearly the best rep dial ever. The crossbars of the As are correct and the PAN E RAI spacing is as per the gen - a bit cockeyed but not as bad as the rep. Mind you the rep 'painted' 002/112 dial is probably the best of the rep dials and would be very easy to correct for a new run.

If this is a rep dial I want one, and if it turns out to be Davidsen's I will be the first to admit that he has finally got it right.

Bet you its a Gen dial, the numerals and indexes seem to be reccessed. The rep painted 002/112 dials do not have this feauture.

The genuine 'painted' dials (that's the L SWISS L dials of the B to G series) are actually of a sandwich construction, with the top layer being paper thin. Depending on the lighting this is either, a) not noticable at all with the dial appearing to be flat with applied paint, or, B) the numbers appear to be recessed into the dial. I believe that the A series 'T' dials were engraved into the dial surface but the L dials were a sandwich with the numbers and indicies cut out. The reason that I can be sure of this is due to a 111F that I previously owned. The top layer of the dial began to curl up in the sharp inner corner on top of the horizontal bar of the 2 of 12. At first I thought that there was dust on the dial but when I inspected it under a loup it was clearly the black layer lifting up in this sharp pointy corner.

Jimmy Fu's unbranded dials have recessed markers stamped into the dial surface and are marked L SWISS L. Is this one of those now completed with custom printing and a custom lume job? The markers on this 009 seem to be sharper than Jimmy's but a lume job may sort that out.

As I said earlier....if this is a new rep dial I want one....I want one regardless of what it is.

I know that Asad posted this as a teaser. Maybe it

Edited by PAMman

Now here are the "Teaser" details of this The watch all in all is a REP and every part is from a different person! and the parts are no longer available as the rep makers had stopped making them a couple of year back!

Now to the Case I will disclose it as it is: The case is a old davidsan PVD which took 2 and a half hours cape codding too make it look soo!

The dial is a sausage the way its meant to be for the 9B! and its not davidsans neither is made anymore and is modified!

Edited by asad

Don't I feel like a heel giving up that dial to you!!! Just kidding...I'm glad it went to good use

and you were able to create the 'perfect' 009.

For everyone's info, this is an old school rep dial. Its from my 112. I've had it for several years, in my parts box, hoping

to finish a 009 or 176 project. Those projects never materialized and so I traded my 112 to Asad, and

he took it to a new level.

Simply amazing.