When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN Pre-Vs On The Way!

UncleJay

Well, I waited to order as to make sure I would get all of DSNs latest updated parts ..... but now I only wait on delivery! I have a 202, 203, 207, 210, and 218 on the way. I can't wait to have these babies home. What polishing cloth do I use (asad help out here) to get the PVD looking right? BTW, who makes the best PAM0029 case? I'm guessing that a DSN is right-on, no?

Wow, that's quite a haul, UJ! Nicely done!

Regular old cape cod cloths seem to do the trick.

Hmmm, best 029 case? Do you have the dial? I think his case looks pretty good, although the dimensions are slightly different than "normal" rep cases. He's changed CGs about a dozen times, so I'm not sure what he's currently offering. The CG on my 010D that I got from him is a bit too thin compared to the thickness of the case, and the lever is centered, not offset to the top. If you have a gen/Jimmy Fu CG, it most likely won't fit DSN's case. At least my 002D CG wouldn't fit on my 010 rep from DSN.

Sounds like you've got some GREAT project watches coming up!

Please post pics when you receive. I want to see the new dials. Cape Cod works well on the DSN. Just remember to go slowly. I learned the hard way on one case. :bangin: IMHO, your first choice on the 29 case is a milled jimmy case. But you need to have the movement spacer. If you don't have a gen crown you should pick up the gen ones which are pretty regularly offered. They are from A and B series PAM's so entirely appropriate. The DSN case may be fine too but you need to make sure that whatever dial you are using will fit without having to trim it.