When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How picky should you be?

BalmainBoy

Hi guys

I'm a newbie and am after some advice. I've done a lot of reading on this site and am constantly amazed by the amount of information on here!

I recently got my first rep, a white Explorer II, from one of the trusted dealers. When I got it I noticed two problems, one a mark on the bezel that was quite noticeable when the light caught it the right way. The other was that the second R in EXPLORER on the face was not written correctly. I contacted the dealer who provided excellent service - he apoligised and asked me to send it back to get fixed.

I've now got the watch back. The bezel has been polished up and now looks great. The face hasn't been touched.

Am I being too picky or is this something that I should follow up on?

Thanks!

BB

2430668690_d456982bba_b.jpg

hmmm i'd be picky. i mean the whole point of a rep is to try to replicate something as accurately as posible... its kind of disappointing to get something not up to par. i'd send it back personally. to avoid this im only going to buy from people that QC check their pieces like eurotimez, BK, TTK(N/A anymore)

the 'superlative' block of text also looks slightly skewed; left heavy. and the bezel paint looks a little sloppy. all the text does actually. like the ink or whatever bled out a bit... could be the image being scaled tho, im not sure

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

That is a flaw that would be hard to get used to, I would request a replacement dial.

Best of luck.

I would too. That's a pretty nasty dropped "R". Makes the watch look like Canal Street tin. However, if you bought the watch from Silix, for example, and it's from their cheapie group, then I would think twice. All the dials may have the same printing error.