When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

219 PAM Final Modifications

vlydog

Hard to tell from your Pic....Is it a Brown dial?

No black dial. The panerist reference page lists it as being brown for the 219 but a while back V told me it should be black. The movement is being replaced with something appropriate. I need to file down and level the lever pin in the crown guard too. Anything else?

Flatten the top of the cannon pin, install a better crown. That's about it, since there's nothing to be done about the shape of the 2...

I have read where people have "polished" the top of the cannon pin, is this the same as flatten?

What do you mean by better crown?

Thanks

I have read where people have "polished" the top of the cannon pin, is this the same as flatten?

What do you mean by better crown?

Thanks

Yep, the stock long ETA canon pins come with a very subtle point on the top. This needs to be flattened and then polished up.

The crown in your pic appears to be similar to the cown on the old, purple AR'd 036 and Angus' "Ultimate" 111/001. The outside edge is bevel cut, but the inside edge isn't. Also, the teeth are too big and there are too few of them. There are better crowns out there, IMO. They all have their flaws, but the only thing that crown has going for it is that it's thick...

Yep, the stock long ETA canon pins come with a very subtle point on the top. This needs to be flattened and then polished up.

The crown in your pic appears to be similar to the cown on the old, purple AR'd 036 and Angus' "Ultimate" 111/001. The outside edge is bevel cut, but the inside edge isn't. Also, the teeth are too big and there are too few of them. There are better crowns out there, IMO. They all have their flaws, but the only thing that crown has going for it is that it's thick...

OK the cannon will be an easy fix but for the crown I guess I need to get busy looking for one. I bought a Palp crown months ago, that Ziggy profiled in a post, that had a bent stem that rendered it useless.

Do anyone have a spare SS palp crown?

OK the cannon will be an easy fix but for the crown I guess I need to get busy looking for one.

I bought a Palp crown months ago, that Ziggy profiled in a post, that had a bent stem that rendered it useless. (Same source as jojo)

Do anyone have a spare SS palp crown?

I do plan on having the CG pin leveled.