When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lv Bezel Insterts

lefty47

A couple of weeks ago I asked the board where to get a good Bezel Insert for my older Rolex LV Sub. Someone (I don't recall who) suggested Otto Frei at www.ofrei.com. I went on their site, ordered an insert for about $37 plus shipping and had my watch guy install it for $10.

Perfect fit, it just snapped right in, nice green color, excellent pearl plus outstanding and fast service from Otto Frei. Can't beat them in my opinion.

Here's their picture of this insert. They have other inserts and an amazing supply of other watch products. Highly recommended.

LV_Bezel_Insert.doc

Which LV do you have?

I really don't know the differences in the LV models. I bought this one about 2 or 3 years ago foe $400 before I knew about the RWG. It has an ETA movement, Sapphire crystal with the laser crown at the 6. holes in the case. It's been a good watch, but the insert got a little beat up and the pearl fell out so I bought a new bezel. I'm bery pleased with the Otto Frei. Looks like a new watch.

Hey lefty47

May be your watch is a good watch with Eta but sorry to inform you that the LV does not have a holes on lugs

You better replace the bezel insert for a black one and talking about the ones from O Frei are excellent.

Some early ones did come with holes in the lugs, from what I understand.

Perfect fit, it just snapped right in

??????

Not doubting your word at all, but I was under the impression that except for the vintage MBW/WM reps, the inner lip on a gen bezel insert needed to be sanded/ground down for it to fit properly . . .

OK watch wizards . . . what OTHER Rollie rep do you know of that can do that . . . besides his . . . ?????

B

Hey lefty47

May be your watch is a good watch with Eta but sorry to inform you that the LV does not have a holes on lugs

You better replace the bezel insert for a black one and talking about the ones from O Frei are excellent.

You could be right about the holes, and probably are. But it doesn't really bother me. I like the watch and the green bezel-I only wear it with a green shirt-so I'll just keep it like it is. 99% of the population wouldn't catch that flaw...if it is one.

??????

Not doubting your word at all, but I was under the impression that except for the vintage MBW/WM reps, the inner lip on a gen bezel insert needed to be sanded/ground down for it to fit properly . . .

OK watch wizards . . . what OTHER Rollie rep do you know of that can do that . . . besides his . . . ?????

B

I don't know. I didn't put it on myself. My local watch repair guy did, and he said it just "snapped rigtht in," and only charged me $10. A bargain, indeed.