When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My modest modding effort

cschenone

First off I do not claim to be a moder, just someone who has a passion for this hobby. I purchased a noobmariner on the cheap due to a movement that was DOA. Yesterday I went over to Ofrei during my lunch break and bought a DG2813 for $15 and some change and a small tube of silicone grease. I happily broke out my basic watch tool kit that I picked up on eBay for $12.00 and opened the noob

That is a nice case and based on the SN, it is recent. I ruled out Paul, Josh, Andrew and Angus. Some like Silix don't show SN's. I didn't check EU sellers cause I'm in the US.

Interestingly, Paul sells a $99 sub with case # D320840 and decent rehaut and apparently good date position. Josh sells the same case w/ ETA, but the date is too far right ($218) as does Paul (w-748- $229). Andrew sells the same case in his Ultimate ($488) but date position is correct.

Maybe someone will be able to tell us more about F641105.

thank you for the kind words. The case looks better in person. The one thing I want to emphasize it what a HUGE difference the gen bezel makes. Its more than just the pearl. The blackness of the bezel has a dull/shinyness about it that the reps just don't compare. Sorry if my description does not make sence, but you have to see it.

-Chris ;)

I asked bklm1234 about this case yesterday and he thought it was a TW Best case. The deep cut of the bezel teeth and of course the rehaut. River and Eddie Lee are the two main sellers of TW Best, but there could be others. And of course, I haven't seen Eddie Lee around for a while.

I keep hoping to find an inexpensive TW Best case- to hell with the movement, etc., inside.