When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Fiddy caseback remover tool

klocklind1

Has anyone tried the tool ( in aluminium from the cartell dealers ( 45 $ ) !! ) for removing the caseback on the Paneara Pam 127 ( Fiddy )

And can anyone confirm that You can take out the movement/dial from the back of the watchcase ( I have heard that someone told on this forum that You had to take away the crystal to take out the movement ! ) ?

You need to remove both the case back and the bezel to remove the movement.

The silver forged case openers on ebay (the hind with a handle on one side) don't fit without a lot of work with a file to open them out a bit. The alloy one from the dealers here is a better bet.

You need to remove both the case back and the bezel to remove the movement.

The silver forged case openers on ebay (the hind with a handle on one side) don't fit without a lot of work with a file to open them out a bit. The alloy one from the dealers here is a better bet.

Thanks

Is the crystal fitted in the bezel or does it fit directly to the case ?

Guest porsche356a

Be careful when removing the xtal, there isn't a guide that will stop the tool from scraping the dial once the xtal pops off. Be gentle and go around the whole xtal to carefully lift it off the case.

Why are you taking the bezel off? just unscrew the back locate and remove the movement retaining holders and slacken the winder stem it will come straight out. The best tool to remove the backs on any of the Panerai is a sticky ball about $10 and no chance of marking the case. Removing the movement will take no more than 10 minutes. If you remove the bezel you will need a special die to replace it the normal bezel press dies are too shallow and you will crack the glass guaranteed!

@robj.. I don't know what 1950 rep you have but the ones we all have need the bezel removed to get the dial and movement out. The dial is bigger than the inside of the case so its not coming out any other way. Secondly rubber sticky balls are not a good idea on any case with a display back. The crystals are not strong enough and you'll probably break it using one.

Resetting the bezel is tough though, you are spot on on that. You really do need a press and suitable die to do it safely.

I really love this forum because of all the good answers ( well not ALL the ones perhaps ! ) that You all give on this forum !

But You have to think twice BEFORE You do anything on a watch if You are not 100% sure what You are doing !

On my Fiddy the bezel is not pressed to the bottom ( against the case ) all the way round it so I have to press the bezel a little further down right ?

But then I must be VERY careful and use the right presstool adapter so the crystal will not crack right ?

Can the case be that some of the ones that have had their crystals exploded or cracked ( on the their FIDDYS !!! ) have used the WRONG tools when putting the crystal/bezel back again after they have done for exaple superlume and other modds on the watch ?

Perhaps there has been tensions in the crystal AFTER it has been mounted back again, and the crystal have cracked/exploded later when the crystal has got hit agains something ???

i guess some cases are different than others.

I confirm. My fiddy can get the movement & dial comfortably removed from the back.

I confirm. My fiddy can get the movement & dial comfortably removed from the back.

Strange that You CAN take it out from the backside and that can NOT ?

Perhaps it is different versions on them ?

What tool do You use when You open Your Fiddy ?