When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice on DSN Pam 82

mwee

Hi,

Would like to ask the Panerai experts on this forum on their opinion on this new DSN Pam 82. How does it compare to the gen? What are the glaring flaws? I like this watch but have always have a problem in pulling the trigger on a Pam due to the many flaws pointed out. Therefore, any opinions on this particular model would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The numbers are way too greenish....and the caseback is not...errrh lets say not 1st class.

I saw the NEW and UPGRADED DSN PAM082 some minutes ago....wow, he really improved this model, I love it.

With the new C1 lume it is on top of my WANTED-list right now :D

Theo

The numbers are way too greenish....and the caseback is not...errrh lets say not 1st class.

I saw the NEW and UPGRADED DSN PAM082 some minutes ago....wow, he really improved this model, I love it.

With the new C1 lume it is on top of my WANTED-list right now :D

Theo

theo...thanks for the comments...this is on top of my list too...

can you tell me if the gen comes with blue or black hands...I think I saw pics of the rep with both, blue and black hands...or were just the lights on the pics playing tricks with me?

Nobody else noticed that the markers are pushed in from the edges too far now? Just like his new 001A and 002A dials? Look at where the vertical marks on the seconds dial line up with the 8 and 10 hour markers....

He *had* updated his original 082 dial to be just C1 bright white lume. This new dial is a step back, IMO.

Edited by peepshow

DSN's 082 is excellent.

The markers are correctly spaced from the border of the dial -- possibly even a tiny bit less than the gen, surely not more.

The caseback is incredible.

The hands on the gen are black.

OP, BB and serial numbers on the gen are engraved on the case (like in Radiomirs), not on the caseback.

Here are two high resolution scans from the OP official catalog for you to compare:

gen082dalcatalogoopla6.jpg

gen082backdalcatalogoopjk8.jpg

guys,

Thanks for all the opinions, really appreciate. looking at DSN's pics, it does seems that peepshow has a point about the markers being pushed in from the edges too far. Also, I have another quation about the markers. The DSN pic show the markers are raised or sausage dial? But a lot of pics I saw on the net seems to show a flat dial with painted markers? Can any please verify this and correct me if I am wrong? I have attached a pic of a gen Pam 82 fro reference.

Thanks!

post-3199-1209169397_thumb.jpg

Caseback Officine Panerai font is off. Nice looking piece though. Hell of alot of quality for the price

Well, the closer I look at the gen photos, the more I realize that DSN's original dial had the markers pushed a bit too far out to the edges. So, the new dial might be *just* a bit too pushed inwards. When it comes right down to it, there was only 300 made, so any of these difference we're pointing out after STUDYING side by side hi res photos are really splitting hairs. ;)

The 082 is still a VERY accurate rep, whether it's the V.1 dial or the V.2 dial.

Oh, the gen dials are all engraved and then filled with lume, so a "sausage" or painted rep dial is as close as you're going to get.

I still can't understand how to feel DSN markers pushed too inside after looking at the gen pic I posted... :rolleyes:

Sssurfer, I am sure you are right. You guys are the experts, that's why I posted to ask for your opinion? Maybe its wishful thinking but I was hoping to find the perfect Pam rep! After peeshow's nformation the how the markers are engraved in the gen, it kind of dampen my enthusiasm for this watch.

Peepshow,

Thanks. Now its which HBB to buy if I do decide to go with that?

Mark

I was hoping to find the perfect Pam rep!

Unfortunately, there is no such thing like a perfect Pam rep in this world... :(

... but I would say that DSN's 088 gets quite close. :)

the image of the Vespucci is inverted in the engraving (instead of being polished).

Oh my! eek4ms.gif

You are absolutely right!

I did not notice that until you pointed at it.

I still can't understand how to feel DSN markers pushed too inside after looking at the gen pic I posted... :rolleyes:

It's pretty simple, after looking at the pictures of the gen and DSN's new dial, I still think DSN's markers are still a little too pushed towards the center compared to the gen. If you disagree, that's fine. It's all a matter of opinion...