When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Red SMP pro, too good to be true. What?! Here we go again...

casanile

Don't worry folks, I'll not take people with me on a bad adventure again, :bangin:

even if I was one of the golden who received the good black SMP.

Check item 120251328253 on Ebay that's a coaxial 2220.80 "red" SMP rep.

The seller says that's a genuine, surely not, that's a scam but it means that reps of the new model are coming on the market.

post-8918-1209226257_thumb.jpg

The HV position is bad, there is a loupe effect but not bad at all...

Does anyone saw these reps elsewhere?

Thats the exact same rep I owned. I sold it a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't bad just the bracelets on the asian movement versions irritates me, they're too square and don't have that nice curved shape (much like the girl in my avatar ;)) found on the Seamaster bracelets.

From what I know, the ETA version of that rep isn't made yet, not sure if they will however, the original SMP is still a very popular rep, even though the quality has worsened :p

Thats the exact same rep I owned. I sold it a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't bad just the bracelets on the asian movement versions irritates me, they're too square and don't have that nice curved shape (much like the girl in my avatar ;)) found on the Seamaster bracelets.

From what I know, the ETA version of that rep isn't made yet, not sure if they will however, the original SMP is still a very popular rep, even though the quality has worsened :p

I have that watch, cost me

Definitely a rep, does Joshua not sell a Red SMP?

If I remember correctly, the "red" SMP sold by Josh is of the quartz version- the red Seamaster lettering being located in the lower half of the dial. I do believe this rep does not come with a quartz movement.

Edited by f5mando

This is insane. makes me want to just start buying good replicas and selling them as gen. Seems to work. I'm not really surprised how uneducated the consumers are, but should they have to be this alert? In a world with such exquisite replicas, I guess you have to be...

I wish someone would report that seller? I found the page but it's in Polish or Swedish or something.

EDIT: From the auction page: "i can garantee that this is authentic!" Priceless. Looks like he does sell other gens though.. which seems odd.

Edited by xocomaox

This is insane. makes me want to just start buying good replicas and selling them as gen. Seems to work. I'm not really surprised how uneducated the consumers are, but should they have to be this alert? In a world with such exquisite replicas, I guess you have to be...

I wish someone would report that seller? I found the page but it's in Polish or Swedish or something.

EDIT: From the auction page: "i can garantee that this is authentic!" Priceless. Looks like he does sell other gens though.. which seems odd.

This rep isnt even a decent rep. Yes, it is enough to fool somebody who knows nothing about watches but as soon as they compare it to their friend's watches they will soon find out they have been scammed. Higher end reps may never be discovered until it is service time :(

I reported the lying scumbag to ebay. :1a: