When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody buy the New Ebel 1911?

italiano17771

I think the stainless steel Breguet isn't that nice, I think the Ebel BTR is much more "my style". But the full gold Type XX is quite amazing looker... if you want to wear a rep of a $40K watch, of course.

Another nice looking watch I'm to OCD-riddled to wear. Just can't do the reps of 2894 powered watches. The subdial spacing and pusher position will bug me every time I check the time and I will live in irrational terror that I'll run into some WIS who will embarass me in public. Judging by the "What's in the pipeline" thread there are at least 3 more reps of 2894 watches coming for all who don't mind the instatells.

Guest avitt
Another nice looking watch I'm to OCD-riddled to wear. Just can't do the reps of 2894 powered watches. The subdial spacing and pusher position will bug me every time I check the time and I will live in irrational terror that I'll run into some WIS who will embarass me in public. Judging by the "What's in the pipeline" thread there are at least 3 more reps of 2894 watches coming for all who don't mind the instatells.

The BTR chrono uses Ebel's 137 movement (one of 4 that are produced by Ebel). This is an in-house movement, designed between 1990 and 1995 as a replacement for the Zenith El-Primeros that Ebel used previously. While many of the parts are made by Dubois-Depraz, the movement is not related to the 2894.

Unfortunately, like the 2894, there's little hope of duplicating the tight subdial spacing of these movements.

was kinda interested in buying one of these despite all of the flaws. just want to see some live pics first.

anybody have one? impressions....pics?

Just got it, pictorial coming soon ... Can't get it off my wrist to take pics ... stay tuned ;)

regards

I think it's a pretty sharp looking watch to be honest. Its all down to personal taste, for instance there are some watches that members rave on about here which look like 'just another watch' in my eyes :lol:

I can't say I'm a fan at all of those slim, 'elegant' leather strapped, old men's dress watches :p But each to his own.

The BTR chrono uses Ebel's 137 movement (one of 4 that are produced by Ebel). This is an in-house movement, designed between 1990 and 1995 as a replacement for the Zenith El-Primeros that Ebel used previously. While many of the parts are made by Dubois-Depraz, the movement is not related to the 2894.

Unfortunately, like the 2894, there's little hope of duplicating the tight subdial spacing of these movements.

Thanks for the clarification Avitt...knowing that the ebel uses a manufacture movement makes me want to buy a gen...and want the rep even less. If would be nice if the the rep makers would split the difference and do the new Discovery Chrono pictured in this month's IW, which has the BTR design, a cool orange bezel and looks like it's powered w/ a 7750.