When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown Winding Trouble!

bTrizzy

Sounds like a keyless works issue to me. After swapping a movement into a new case, I ran into the reverse situation -- it would only wind, no matter if the crown was pushed in or pulled out.

A quick trip to vaccum for a service straightened everything out.

Good luck.

It may be that the crown is loose on the stem and has managed to shorten its self, therfore it is not long enough to engage the keyless works in the winding position. if that is the problem it would be a simple fix with a bit of skill,

Question with the crown in the winding position turn the crown (Gently) as if to turn the hands back ward do they move and if you do this in the winding positon do you feel a gently clicking through the crown?

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with an Asian 6497, and I just opened it up, released the crown and stem, put a little lube on it and put it back in and it worked.

now i am not saying it will work for you, and if you attempt this undertaking I am not responsible for the outcome, unless the outcome is good =)

Is it worth the risk/trouble going to a local watchsmith? And how do you even find one (and good one at that)? And how much do you estimate this repair would cost?

Any watchsmith that is worth his name can fix it with a 10 min work.

About 10 USD. 20 if he is expensive.