When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

From Russia with love

southcoast68

Hi all

I figured I'd take a break this month from the reps for a nice gen. Nothing really expensive, but cool looking anyway. I got this beauty from the 'Bay for around $170, its factory reconditioned with a 2 year warranty. The Vostok Europe Expedition 2006, a real nice looking GMT/Date watch in solid stainless. Movement is a Vostok 32 jewel automatic, screw down crown and case back, water resistant to 10ATM. Nice lume on the dial and hands as well as a nice black leather band. Granted, its not a Rollie, but I think its damn nice for the price. Not the first Russian gen in my collection and probably won't be the last. Enjoy the pics.

VostokExpedition1.jpg

VostokExpedition3.jpg

VostokExpedition4.jpg

VostokExpedition5.jpg

;)

Ah... Vostok! Cool watch. That's a limited edition? 424/3000?

My very first mechanical watch was a Vostok "Komandirskie" Submariner watch, bought in St Petersburg in 1991. Nice watch, which was my beater for two years. It even got some scars from a motorcycle accident. Date change and precision was rough, though..

Some month ago, I bought a Poljot Shturmanskie. Soviet Military Aviator Chronograph, with a second timezone bezel. Made in the good old days before capitalistic forces infiltrated the Soviet watch industry! ;) A genuine vintage military chrono for 200 USD...

DSC_3749.jpg

DSC_3752.jpg

Soviet watches are cool!

Ah... Vostok! Cool watch. That's a limited edition? 424/3000?

My very first mechanical watch was a Vostok "Komandirskie" Submariner watch, bought in St Petersburg in 1991. Nice watch, which was my beater for two years. It even got some scars from a motorcycle accident. Date change and precision was rough, though..

Some month ago, I bought a Poljot Shturmanskie. Soviet Military Aviator Chronograph, with a second timezone bezel. Made in the good old days before capitalistic forces infiltrated the Soviet watch industry! ;) A genuine vintage military chrono for 200 USD...

DSC_3749.jpg

DSC_3752.jpg

Soviet watches are cool!

Damn, that IS a cool looking one. I am on the lookout for a POLJOT JAK-7 chrono, but can't seem to find one. Its a shame that there are so many great brands out there, but only a privlaged few get big time recognition. BTW-I also have a MOLNIJA Russian pocket watch, like brand new I got at a "Flea Market" about 10 years ago.