When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 217

doc savage

To put it bluntly, who has the best one? I know movements and modders are scarce right now, and I want the best possible watch without breaking the bank.

Saw one on ioffer a couple of weeks ago Swiss ETA flush CG Cannon fix it was around $400. I had email of the seller I will find it if I can

The real challenge is finding one with the correct orientation of the text on the movement.

After just 2 two years in this business, and a gen 111 after, i i now wonder myself if this kind of detail is very important ....

My first rep was a 217 from Joshua, bad lume, recessed pin ....BTW, i decided one year an half after to sell it cause the lefty CG that bring me to this wath at the begining just take me away of it now ......but after thinking about it i just send it to Vac for a 127 transformation .... but with the same movement(, and as you know 21

Best of luck with your search!

The real challenge is finding one with the correct orientation of the text on the movement.

What do you think of this watch I posted from Angus?

I'm having trouble digging up info on his modding service with the search feature broken and all. His website is easily the best rep site I've seen, and if I'm not mistaked he modified the page today to include modding options.

What should I be looking for as far as the text goes?

What do you think of this watch I posted from Angus?

I'm having trouble digging up info on his modding service with the search feature broken and all. His website is easily the best rep site I've seen, and if I'm not mistaked he modified the page today to include modding options.

What should I be looking for as far as the text goes?

It's the other way around for the official panerai. Very difficult to find I have just had mine done but all the movements with it this way up I could find swiss were without second drive so had to have that done I will have it back later today and take a picture of movement for you to see

http://www.trevorstore.info/index.php?main...roducts_id=4864

Not the best model, just a cheap source for a plate with the text correctly placed.

The one you posted looks to have the correct writing. I thought you were looking for swiss though this is asian and without cannon fix basically a standard watch with a dagger

I would rather have a more visually correct Asian watch than a Swiss one full of flaws. When I first checked Angus' site the Swiss movement was available as an option; he has since removed it.

If you look at the drop down options you can add Superlume and cannon pin fix for $60--seems like a pretty good deal. I'm still waiting for word on who does the mods, availability, and how long it will take to complete.

MEYER: The sapphire really makes the difference in the PAM217/127. We are talking about a high dome, and the material changes the diffraction more than it does on a flat glass. It makes a huge difference and I talk from a personal experience. I have two 217s. The one with the mineral glass gets no wrist time and has been turned into a parts donor. I would advise You to wait for sapphires to become available.

GOLFMAN: I agree with You. With time, experience and more makers on Your radar, You start being more forgiving to minute details. As long as the quality is there, I don't care if the font type is 0.01mm tighter than the original.

• 2 weeks later...