When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing a Bezel?

Development: Playing with it some more, the insert just partially came off. This is interesting because the whole reason for taking the bezel off was to remove this insert and re-align it.

So I pulled the rest of the insert out. Pryed the bezel off from the inside to get it going, then pryed from the outside and it popped off!

Great, but there's this really small object between 7 and 8 o clock. It's like a hole where a small piece of metal goes, and there's a spring that goes with it. luckily I did not lose these two very tiny pieces when I got the bezel off. Anyone know what they are for? Possibly the reason the bezel was so hard to pull off? I am also not sure how to get it back together now... This is the smallest spring I have ever seen.

Guest porsche356a

Those are the click spring assembly. the spring goes in the hole first, and then the little "stop". Dont lose them, cos the're what the bezel clicks on to. :p

Thanks porsche, I think I figured that out by myself, but wanted to be certain!

There is a long metal piece (looks like the thing in By-Tor's review of SMP Bond Modification Guide on RepGeek) that is here also. It's bent like 15

Edited by xocomaox

there's this really small object between 7 and 8 o clock. It's like a hole where a small piece of metal goes, and there's a spring that goes with it. luckily I did not lose these two very tiny pieces when I got the bezel off. Anyone know what they are for?

Yes. Yes, Rodwc, Sir-Lancelot and I know exaaaactly what they are for. :lol:

They are for flying across the room and getting lost in the carpet. Then, what you do (or I did) is cry about it here, and then Rod used his lathe to come to the rescue of retarded people like myself.

Seriously, glad you didn't lose the parts. Spring go's in the hole first, then the plunger.

The octagonal ring is what makes the bezel spin loose or tightly. Look, here, this thread is exactly what you need-

(SMALL adjustments to your octagonal ring, a little gos a long way)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry421920

Here is a picture of my watch.

05032008149cu2.jpg

This should give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. Notice how I just sort of layed that long circular metal piece in there? It doesn't make it all the way around the watch, but I figured the "gap" should be at the bezel clicker thingy. I guess?

Grrr.. I still have to ge the bracelet resized!

EDIT: Okay, now I am on the right track! Thanks P4GTR!!! And everyone else!

Edited by xocomaox

Here is a picture of my watch.

05032008149cu2.jpg

This should give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. Notice how I just sort of layed that long circular metal piece in there? It doesn't make it all the way around the watch, but I figured the "gap" should be at the bezel clicker thingy. I guess?

Grrr.. I still have to ge the bracelet resized!

EDIT: Okay, now I am on the right track! Thanks P4GTR!!! And everyone else!

see if that last post I made helped, report back if its still unclear. I think our posts just crossed in the mail. :D