When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Cousteau Divers Bezel Assembly

Toadtorrent

Hi folks,

Stupid noobie me...in playing around with de-casing and regulating my 2006 Cousteau Divers, got dust caught in the case between the inner rotating bezel and the outer rehaut ring with the hour markers (as pictured below).

Cousteau-dial1_Dust.jpg

Can anybody tell me how to remove the inner rotating bezel ring, and also the outer rehaut ring? Does the outer rehaut ring come off with the removal of the inner rotating bezel?

There looks to be a screw inside the case on the rotating crown at 4-o-clock that I'm thinking holds the whole assembly in place...but I thought I would see if anybody has any more detailed information before I embark on this disassembly myself.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
There you go:

P4200721.jpg

P4200720.jpg

P4200717.jpg

P4200729.jpg

There are a few possibilities to remove the dust as removing the bezel + crystal ring is not that straightforward and you may damage your watch. You can use Rodico or dust blower. Remove the bezel as last resort.

You rock Taka!! Thanks. Believe me...it's a last resort. I tried Rodico, Rodico on a stick...#000 red sable brush, etc. The space between the outer ring and the crystal is too hard to get at.

I think I can get at it from the inside of the case though. Do I just unscrew the screw on the rotating bezel crown from the inside of the case to release the rotating bezel?

I'm thinking that once that inner rotating bezel is released the other ring with the hour numbers that sits just below the crystal will free up and that is what I need to clean out.

Thanks.

You can do without unscrewing it. The key is to remove the outer bezel first. If you look closely from outside, the bezel is actually "glued" to the case. The opening is very small. Be really careful doing this, please.

Edited by takashi

You can do without unscrewing it. The key is to remove the outer bezel first. If you look closely from outside, the bezel is actually "glued" to the case. The opening is very small. Be really careful doing this, please.

Thanks again...I'll give it a go.