When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Atten: IWC GST TI Owners

vlydog

I have a IWC GST Ti with a Swiss powered 7750. When the crown is pulled out one click to change the day or date, the crown feels secure. But when I go to set the time and have the crown pulled out to final click, it wobbles. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

I own 3 GSTs (1 SS, 1 Ti, 1 Swiss Ti) and all the crowns feel wobbly when extended out. I think it has to do with the spring loading inside the crown. It does feel weird by I'm pretty sure they're all that way...

Thank you for your confirmation owdeguy.

The wobbly crown is definitely a weird feeling, and even for some time now it still makes me nervous.

Has anyone heard of one of these crowns breaking or falling off -- and if so, was it repairable?

By the way, the one problem I did have with my GST was having a pusher fall off. I finally had to glue it on. Other people reported the same problem. If your GST is relatively new, check the pushers to ensure that they are secure and won't fall off somewhere. I was fortunate to find mine each time it happened, but others were not as fortunate.

Cool, theres quite a few of us, I wonder how many are swiss or frankened..

My modded watch is swiss+eta wheeled+gen dialed

gst15secs.jpg

Mine has also the gen dial and Swiss 7750 c/w day & date wheels, waiting to go to The Zigmeister for Chieftang's AR treatment. IMO, this is probably the best IWC rep of all. Yes, the crown is wobbly but AFAIK they're all like that. I'm considering getting my gen dial relumed in a tritium colour to match the T SWISS T on the rep, to reinforce the gen appearance.

Edited by PAMman

Sweet, another full swiss gst! I'd like to get my hands lumed, but thats about it for me. The tritium on my dial still works adequately. The AR would be cool I'm sure but I won't do it on this watch since they never came with it. Guess I'm just old fashioned that way.