When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ferrari 008 chrono problem

Mickey Padge

I just received a Ferrari 008 chronograph. The watch worked fine without any problems, untill I opened the watch up to remove some dust under the crystal. :p

I removed the dust, but now the chrono buttons are no longer making contact with the lever/plate on the 7750 movement, they push a few mm short. I am assuming somthing may have fallen out, unnoticed to me, when I opened the watch up? <_<

This picture indicates the area I mean (not my watch)

28bh3.jpg

You can see in the image there is a pin pressing next to the chronograph lever, on mine there is not. When I press the button a pin comes into view, but well short of the lever.....

Will I be able to source the parts I need? I have looked everywhere in my room and can't find the lost parts, I am still unsure if anything did drop out...

Any help or assistance you guys and girls could offer would be greatly appreciated. Maybe somebody with this watch could check there movement out and see what I need to do/buy to fix things? ^_^

Fortunately for me the chrono is reset and stopped and at 12, so the watch is wearable, but just without a functional chronograph.....

Cheers! B)

I just checked my PAM188 and noticed the little pins used to extend the chrono pushers reach through the movements spacer ring. These must have fallen off and are well and truly lost.....

Any ideas as to where such spares could be located? If I can get the parts, it should be a simple fix B)

not to insult, but you do have the pushers threaded out in the full unlock position right? otherwise that pusher won't be able to push the full 100% into the case, if at all.. the picture you show above had them unlocked, if they are locked you'll see the inner part of the pusher.

not to insult, but you do have the pushers threaded out in the full unlock position right? otherwise that pusher won't be able to push the full 100% into the case, if at all.. the picture you show above had them unlocked, if they are locked you'll see the inner part of the pusher.

No problem, the pushers are unlocked. The good news is, I found them! They are tiny little metal pellets, like flint from a lighter!

So lucky to find them, they were in another room somehow!

I will put them back in place and all will be well! Lesson learned ^_^

Cheers! B)

No problem, the pushers are unlocked. The good news is, I found them! They are tiny little metal pellets, like flint from a lighter!

Cheers! B)

There are 2 little shims like pistons in the retaining ring itself it's very easy to miss them and if you tilt the ring they fall out for sure. They are just bits of metal though if you had a peice of bar simular size you could fix it. I have used a Panerai screw in lug cut to do it before now just get the length right as its not going anywhere after its in position. By the way only unwind the pushers are far as you need to to make them work winding them right out sometimes causes them to come undone from the screw inside

Cheers! B)

There are 2 little shims like pistons in the retaining ring itself it's very easy to miss them and if you tilt the ring they fall out for sure. They are just bits of metal though if you had a peice of bar simular size you could fix it. I have used a Panerai screw in lug cut to do it before now just get the length right as its not going anywhere after its in position. By the way only unwind the pushers are far as you need to to make them work winding them right out sometimes causes them to come undone from the screw inside

Sorry didn't read you had found them!