When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i would like some help about my BR03-94

PHVA

Hello All,

Within the past few months I purchased a Bell & Ross BR03-94 quartz Chronograph. I have been looking at this thing and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to replace the battery.

There is only one screw on the caseback and it doesnt look like it does anything....there are also 4 screws on the dial side...but from the looks of it the crown would prevent access to the backside of the movement.

Does anyone else have a quartz version of the B&R and could give me a quick tutorial on battery replacement? I don't need to replace it yet...just thinking ahead.

Thanks in advance!

Philippe.

I don't have the chrono version, but i'm confident that this is what you need to do.

Remove the screw in the back, the stem release button is behind it. Carefully remove the stem.

Then unscrew the four screws on the front and remove the top. The dial and mechanism will now come easily out of the front of the case.

The battery should be obvious on the mechanism and can be replaced.

Then simply reverse the process.

However.....my advice if you're not confident to do this, is take it to a rep-friendly watchsmith, tell him how to release the stem (mine couldn't work it out and he's been in the game for 35 years) and let him do it for you.

Hope that helps. :D

Edited by Tom

I have just bought a gen and I love it so much that I'm seriously considering buying the quartz rep as an everyday beater. I was actually wondering about the battery replacement and figured that the only way in is through the front. What's your honest assessment of the watch?

I have just bought a gen and I love it so much that I'm seriously considering buying the quartz rep as an everyday beater. I was actually wondering about the battery replacement and figured that the only way in is through the front. What's your honest assessment of the watch?

Hello and thanks to answer so quickly.

The watch looks really amazing.

Fell strong,and heavy.

the chrono works perfectly (quartz mouvement <_< )

I get it with a black rubber strap really nice and confortable.

Really good rep,if you like the BELL AND ROSS style.

Buy it now.You will be really hapy.

The only problem it's for the battery replacement.

not looks difficult but i prefer that a pro do it.

And trust me anybody want to touch a rep in paris so thats a really problem.

i hope to answer to your question.

Sorry for my poor english.

Freindly Philippe.

I don't have the chrono version, but i'm confident that this is what you need to do.

Remove the screw in the back, the stem release button is behind it. Carefully remove the stem.

Then unscrew the four screws on the front and remove the top. The dial and mechanism will now come easily out of the front of the case.

The battery should be obvious on the mechanism and can be replaced.

Then simply reverse the process.

However.....my advice if you're not confident to do this, is take it to a rep-friendly watchsmith, tell him how to release the stem (mine couldn't work it out and he's been in the game for 35 years) and let him do it for you.

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks to answer so quickly.

I will try to follow you advice.

But why our deallers didn't make something easier.

Thats really difficult to replace the battery for a big and buatiful watch.

Friendly Philippe.

Make sure you are careful with the front screws, get a large enough screwdriver bit that it doesn't have any play. If it does, you will end up torquing the bit within the slot and gouge the screw head, nothing looks worse than a B&R with gouged front screws!