When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New version of the Speedmaster's Day Date Omega

Omega Fan

Hi guys,

I was browsing around the dealer's sites and stumbled on this new version of the Omega Speedy Day Date:

here...

I bought the old one and am kinda sorry I didnt wait a bit...

Check out this photo it has a new lume(?!) filling on the 24h hand and the indexes are actually going inside the inner circles of the dial, and the Logo has clown feet!

OMEGA-154-2.jpg

compared to the old one:

OMEGA-151-3.jpg

and here is the gen:

hpim0150vi6.jpg

It is very strange actually because the gen version doesnt have these "improvements" and has a hollow 24h hand and the indexes do not go inside the circled dial and the logo has normal feet. I guess someone got creative in the factory. But still maybe there is a new version of the gen that I dont know of!

Anyways check out the AR shot of the watch looks really impressive and I think this was the only thing missing on the prev version!

OMEGA-154-4.jpg

The only thing that is unchanged unfortunately is the movements it is still the old 21kbpm, but correct me if I am wrong the new 7750 cannot be installed on these watches with such functions.

I hope I have helped someone in search of this rep!

Regards,

Rusin

PS:let me just say that I am in no way affiliated with the dealer from whose site I got the images from, its just that this was the only place I saw this new version!

Edited by Omega Fan

Thanks for the update.

Very nice watch indeed. Those pics make me want one.

Dunno about those new "updates" though. Maybe the brand new gen version has them too?

Well I checked on omegawatches,com and there are 9 variations of the watch (gold,leather,blue,white,bling) but no such version.

I guess again someone got really creative in the rep factory!

The AR is nice though because on mine its really confusing with all these arrows and gauges and the reflections arent making it easier to tell the time!

But in the end - really nice and ergonomic watch!

@ Omega Fan

Thanks for the heads up. I guess you're right about the factory getting creative, although I think it's actually an very nice version that Omega should consider producing. I wonder if they're scouting the rep world for new product ideas? :lol:

You've got yourself a really nice watch there. Wear it in good health!